Dates: 9-10 April (Block 1) and 9-11 May (Block 2) 2018
Venue: UTS City Campus
Cost: $2530.00 (GST free)
Research in local government is an important tool for improving capacity and outcomes. Research generates new knowledge to improve service delivery, challenge or shed new light on existing attitudes, values and practices, or develop new perspectives and innovation.
This course enables participants to become critical users of research outputs through developing their skills in interpreting and applying findings. The course exposes participants to key materials and references, expert agency and council speakers. It enables good practice exchange amongst participating councils, and adopts a reflective and practical teaching style.
Who should attend?
- Council staff
- Senior staff
- What is research?
- Quantitative and qualitative methods
- Comissioning research
- Research in local government
About the Presenter
Ronald Woods coordinates the postgraduate local government studies courses at UTS:IPPG. He has read and published on the topics of decentralisationm public administrationm social policy, sociology and local government.
Fee and Discounts
Standard Full Fee - $2530.00 (GST Free)
- 10 % discount for 2 - 4 registrations from the same organisation
- 20% discount for 5 or more registrations from the same organisation
Discount can be selected from the drop-down box on the Book Now page.
How to book:
- ONLINE: Book and pay by credit card
- REQUEST AN INVOICE: Organisations with an ABN can also be invoiced. Please complete the Invoice Request Form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an invoice.
For all course related enquiries and future dates, please contact us on (02) 9514 7884 or email email@example.com with questions relating to this course.
For all other enquiries regarding enrolment or payment, please contact UTS Short Courses on Tel: +61 (02) 9514 2913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Courses are subject to minimum enrolment numbers to run.