Dates: 17-18 May (Block 1 ) and 18-20 June (Block 2 ) 2018
Venue: UTS City Campus
Cost: $2530.00 (GST free)
Development assessment is one of local government’s most high profile and resource consuming activities. This five-day professional development course deals with the basic building blocks of development control and environmental assessment. It explores assessment and urban design and the role of planning law and policy to develop essential knowledge and skills.
This course is designed to complement experience at work and on-the-job training for support staff and those relatively new to the field of development assessment. Professionals, such as engineers, building surveyors and environmental officers who work with urban planners and are seeking a deeper understanding of the planning system will benefit greatly from this course.
Who should attend?
- Building surveyors
- Development engineers
- Landscape architects
- Administration staff
- Customer service personnel
- Planners commencing work in development assessment
- The environmental planning framework
- Steps in the development assessment process
- Practicalities of environmental assessment
- Casework applying planning principles to urban and rural settings
- Urban design and merits-assessment
- The role of the Land and Environment Court
About the Presenters
Dr Danny Wiggins is a consultant planner, facilitator and educator who has worked for all three levels of government and a range of private clients.
Alison McCabe is a consultant planner with over 25 years of experience in statutory and strategic planning for state and local government and private practice.
Luke Murtas has experience working in policy and major projects with the Department of Planning and is currently Team Leader Major Development Assessment for Surtherland Shire Council.
Guest presenters will include Neil Selmon, Jonathan Knapp, Joshua Palmer and Fiona MacColl
Fee and Discounts
Standard Full Fee - $2530.00 (GST Free)
- 10 % discount for 2 - 4 registrations from the same organisation
- 20% discount for 5 or more registrations from the same organisation
Discount can be selected from the drop-down box on the Book Now page.
How to book:
- ONLINE: Book and pay by credit card
- REQUEST AN INVOICE: Organisations with an ABN can also be invoiced. Please complete the Invoice Request Form and email to email@example.com to request an invoice.
For all course related enquiries and future dates, please contact us on (02) 9514 7884 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions relating to this course.
For all other enquiries regarding enrolment or payment, please contact UTS Short Courses on Tel: +61 (02) 9514 2913 or email email@example.com
Courses are subject to minimum enrolment numbers to run.