Dates: 12-13 March 2018
Venue: UTS City Campus
Cost: $1280.00 (GST Free)
The NSW development contributions system continues to evolve. The provision of public infrastructure underpins the sustainable development of our cities and towns. Questions about the long-term financial sustainability of local government, the under-investment in public services, the privatisation of public goods, and the rising cost of levies impacting on housing affordability have become prominent public policy issues in recent years. Contributions of land, money and other material public benefits from new developments (i.e. development contributions) are now one of the primary means by which the public infrastructure impacts of urban growth are addressed.
This two-day course covers the NSW system for levying development contributions in detail, infrastructure funding more generally and how these strengthen financial and asset management for improved service delivery across local government.
Who will benefit?
- Community development officers
- Community services and finance professionals in councils
- s94 development contribution officers
- Infrastructure and subdivision engineers
- Development engineers
- Development contributions: the legal framework, recent developments, key players
- OLG’s Integrated Planning and Reporting Framework: development contributions as an element of Council’s financial and asset management
- Good practice examples of development contributions/local infrastructure funding
About the presenters
Greg New has 30 years’ experience as a town planner, particularly in the areas of strategic land use planning, multi-disciplinary planning team management and development contributions advice.
Danny Wiggins has been a planning consultant for over 30 years, specialising in statutory planning systems and local planning controls. He has worked for all three levels of government, and a range of private sector clients.
Guest presenters will include Lindsay Taylor and Stuart Simington, Lindsay Taylor Lawyers.
Fee and Discounts
Standard Fee - $1280.00 (GST Free)
- 10 % discount for 2 - 4 registrations from the same organisation
- 20% discount for 5 or more registrations from the same organisation
Discount can be selected from the drop-down box on the Book Now page.
How to book:
- ONLINE: Book and pay by credit card
- REQUEST AN INVOICE: Organisations with an ABN can also be invoiced. Please complete the Invoice Request Form and email to email@example.com to request an invoice.
For all course related enquiries and future dates, please contact us on (02) 9514 7884 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions relating to this course.
For all other enquiries regarding enrolment or payment, please contact UTS Short Courses on Tel: +61 (02) 9514 2913 or email email@example.com
Courses are subject to minimum enrolment numbers to run.