This five-day professional development course is designed for experienced practitioners seeking enhanced skills and effectiveness to operate in a complex and rapidly changing system.
This course deals with key themes including interpreting and applying planning instruments; identifying and acting on key issues in assessment; precinct, site and environmental analysis; performance-based assessment and managing the assessment process. It has a strong practical focus and seeks to promote fresh thinking, strengthen techniques in development assessment and improve management of the assessment process.
Key info: dates, costs and location
2-3 August (Block 1) and
3-5 September (Block 2) 2018
|Venue||UTS City Campus|
$2530.00 (GST free)
Courses are subject to minimum enrolment numbers to run.
Who should attend?
- Experienced planners
- Development and assessment officers
- DA managers
- Building surveyors
- Overview of the assessment process: identifying the ‘hot spots’
- Achieving Better Quality Urban Design Outcomes
- Site Visit and Field Work
- Managing the Assessment Process
- Avoiding court, planning principles, facilitation skills
About the presenters
The program will be coordinated by a small group of the Centre's staff and highly experienced professional associates. Other presenters will deal with specific issues and techniques.
Dr Danny Wiggins is a consultant planner, facilitator and educator who has worked for all three levels of government and a range of private clients.
Alison McCabe is a consultant planner with over 25 years of experience in statutory and strategic planning for state and local government and private practice.
Guest presenters will include Neil Selmon, Jonathan Knapp and Jacinta Reid.
Pathway to postgraduate study
Successful completion of this short course could count as credit towards one of our postgraduate courses.
Booking and payment options
Pay by credit card:
To enrol and pay online by credit card, please visit the UTS short courses website:
Customised and in-house delivery options
This course can also be customised and/or delivered in-house. Find out more
Need more information? Check our FAQs, or contact us directly:
- For all course related enquiries and future dates, please contact us on +61 (02) 9514 7884 or email email@example.com with questions relating to this course.
- For all other enquiries regarding enrolment or payment, please contact UTS Short Courses on +61 (02) 9514 2913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This short course is presented by the UTS Institute for Public Policy and Governance. Learn more about the Institute's research, industry collaboration, postgraduate and professional development opportunities.