Dates: 2-3 August (Block 1) and 3-5 September (Block 2) 2018
Venue: UTS City Campus
Cost: $2530.00 (GST free)
This five-day professional development course is designed for experienced practitioners seeking enhanced skills and effectiveness to operate in a complex and rapidly changing system.
This course deals with key themes including interpreting and applying planning instruments; identifying and acting on key issues in assessment; precinct, site and environmental analysis; performance-based assessment and managing the assessment process. It has a strong practical focus and seeks to promote fresh thinking, strengthen techniques in development assessment and improve management of the assessment process.
Who should attend?
- Experienced planners
- Development and assessment officers
- DA managers
- Building surveyors
- Overview of the assessment process: identifying the ‘hot spots’
- Achieving Better Quality Urban Design Outcomes
- Site Visit and Field Work
- Managing the Assessment Process
- Avoiding court, planning principles, facilitation skills
About the Presenters
The program will be coordinated by a small group of the Centre's staff and highly experienced professional associates. Other presenters will deal with specific issues and techniques.
Presenters will include :
Dr Danny Wiggins is a consultant planner, facilitator and educator who has worked for all three levels of government and a range of private clients.
Alison McCabe is a consultant planner with over 25 years of experience in statutory and strategic planning for state and local government and private practice.
Guest presenters will include Neil Selmon, Jonathan Knapp and Jacinta Reid.
Fee and Discounts
Standard Full Fee - $2530.00 (GST Free)
- 10 % discount for 2 - 4 registrations from the same organisation
- 20% discount for 5 or more registrations from the same organisation
Discount can be selected from the drop-down box on the Book Now page.
How to book:
- ONLINE: Book and pay by credit card
- REQUEST AN INVOICE: Organisations with an ABN can also be invoiced. Please complete the Invoice Request Form and email to email@example.com to request an invoice.
For all course related enquiries and future dates, please contact us on (02) 9514 7884 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions relating to this course.
For all other enquiries regarding enrolment or payment, please contact UTS Short Courses on Tel: +61 (02) 9514 2913 or email email@example.com.
Courses are subject to minimum enrolment numbers to run.