Date: 18 July 2018
Venue: UTS City Campus
Cost: $640.00 (GST Free)
This one day course is designed to improve participants understanding of the bush fire requirements associated with the submission and assessment of a new dwelling application in a Bushfire Prone area.
Who should attend?
This program is particularly useful for:
- Architects and designers
- Building surveyors
- Council counter staff
Topics covered in the seminar include:
- Importance of ground surveys
- Bushfire stack mechanisms
- EP&A act
- Planning for Bushfire Protection
- Construction standards (BCA and AAS3959)
- SEPP Exempt and Complying development
- Working through AS 3959
Please bring BCA Volume 1 and appendices, if available.
About the Presenter
Colin Wood holds degrees in Building and Environmental Health, a Masters Degree in Building Surveying and a Graduate Diploma in Bushfire Design. He is a practising Environmental Health and Building Surveyor with over 35 years experience in both Local Government and Private Practice. Colin is currently the Section Manager of Building & Compliance at Shoalhaven City Council.
Standard Full Day Fee - $640.00 (GST Free)
How to book:
- ONLINE: Book and pay by credit card
- REQUEST AN INVOICE: Organisations with an ABN can also be invoiced. Please complete the Invoice Request Form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an invoice.
For all course related enquiries and future dates, please contact us on (02) 9514 7884 or email email@example.com with questions relating to this course.
For all other enquiries regarding enrolment or payment, please contact UTS Short Courses on Tel: +61 (02) 9514 2913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Courses are subject to minimum enrolment numbers to run.