Date: 8 June 2018
Venue: UTS City Campus
Cost: $640.00 (GST Free)
This one day course is designed to provide those with a limited understanding of the BCA with a general overview and understanding of the Housing provisions (Vol 2 of BCA). Participants will gain an expanded appreciation of the basics of the BCA and develop skills to navigate through the Housing provisions.
Participants will be provided with a variety of opportunities to apply these new skills in practical workshops. A variety of teaching methods will be used including real-life examples, videos and opportunities for questions.
Who should attend?
- Council Counter staff
- Trainee/Graduate Building Surveyors
- Architects and Designers
- Environmental Health Officers
Topics covered in the seminar include:
- Introduction - Importance of Building Codes
- Linkage of Legislation
- Format of Housing Provisions
- Navigating through the BCA
- Language and Clause Structure
- Differences to BCA Volume 1
- General rules of BCA
- Classification of Buildings
- Performance Provisions
- Acceptable Construction Provisions
About the Presenters
Stephen Krimmer is an Accredited Certifier and Senior Building Surveyor with over fourteen years local government experience, with a specific focus on development assessments, inspections and education. Stephen provides a variety of engaging training courses to assist both local government organisations and accredited certifiers across NSW.
Craig Squires is an Environmental Health and Building Surveyor with almost twenty years experience in local government. He has taught at the University of Western Sydney and at TAFE and currently works at Penrith City Council.
Standard Full Day Fee - $640.00 (GST Free)
How to book:
- ONLINE: Book and pay by credit card
- REQUEST AN INVOICE: Organisations with an ABN can also be invoiced. Please complete the Invoice Request Form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an invoice.
For all course related enquiries and future dates, please contact us on (02) 9514 7884 or email email@example.com with questions relating to this course.
For all other enquiries regarding enrolment or payment, please contact UTS Short Courses on Tel: +61 (02) 9514 2913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Courses are subject to minimum enrolment numbers to run.