This one-day course is designed to provide those with a limited understanding of the Building Code of Australia (BCA) with a general overview and understanding of the Housing provisions (Vol 2 of BCA). Participants will gain an expanded appreciation of the basics of the BCA and develop skills to navigate through the Housing provisions.
Participants will be provided with a variety of opportunities to apply these new skills in practical workshops. A variety of teaching methods will be used including real-life examples, videos and opportunities for questions.
Key info: dates, costs and location
8 June 2018
This course is run regularly — register your interest in upcoming sessions here.
|Venue||UTS City Campus|
$640 (GST Free)
Who should attend?
- Council Counter staff
- Trainee/Graduate Building Surveyors
- Architects and Designers
- Environmental Health Officers
Topics covered in the seminar include:
- Introduction — Importance of Building Codes
- Linkage of Legislation
- Format of Housing Provisions
- Navigating through the BCA
- Language and Clause Structure
- Differences to BCA Volume 1
- General rules of BCA
- Classification of Buildings
- Performance Provisions
- Acceptable Construction Provisions
About the presenters
Stephen Krimmer is an Accredited Certifier and Senior Building Surveyor with over fourteen years local government experience, with a specific focus on development assessments, inspections and education. Stephen provides a variety of engaging training courses to assist both local government organisations and accredited certifiers across NSW.
Craig Squires is an Environmental Health and Building Surveyor with almost twenty years experience in local government. He has taught at the University of Western Sydney and at TAFE and currently works at Penrith City Council.
Booking and payment options
Pay by credit card:
To enrol and pay online by credit card, please visit the UTS Short Courses website:
Customised and in-house delivery options
This course can also be customised and/or delivered in-house. Find out more.
Need more information? Check out our FAQs, or contact us directly:
- For all course related enquiries and future dates, please contact us on +61 (02) 9514 7884 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions relating to this course.
- For all other enquiries regarding enrolment or payment, please contact UTS Short Courses on Tel: +61 (02) 9514 2913 or email email@example.com.
This short course is presented by the UTS Institute for Public Policy and Governance. Learn more about the Institute's research, industry collaboration and professional development opportunities.