Dates: 29-30 October (Block 1) and 28-30 November (Block 2) 2018
Venue: UTS City Campus
Cost: $2,530.00 (GST free)
Advanced Building Regulation is a five-day professional development course designed to upgrade skills in the assessment of more complex multi-storey residential, commercial and industrial buildings.
This course covers Class 2-9 Buildings (Sections A-H of Volume 1 of the Building Code of Australia) and is specifically tailored to the needs of local government professionals in NSW. A range of teaching methods are used to explore the most up-to-date theory and practice for interpreting building regulation requirements for complex buildings. It also incorporates critical thinking to deliver performance solutions.
Who should attend?
- Building Surveyors
- Development Engineers
Topics covered in the seminar include:
- Introduction to BCA Volume 1
- Overview of approvals legislation and private certification
- Part A3 (building classification) of BCA
- Section C (fire resistance) of BCA
- Concept of performance based Regulations
- Section C (fire resistance) of BCA finalised
- Part D1 (provision for escape) of BCA
- Part D2 (construction of exits) of BCA
- Part E1 (fire fighting equipment) of BCA
- Review of Section C and D and Part E1 of BCA
- Part E2 (smoke hazard management) of BCA
- Part E3 (lifts) of BCA
- Part E4 (emergency lighting, exit signs and warning systems) of BCA
- Maintenance of fire safety measures
- Section F (weather proofing, sanitation, room sizes) of BCA
- Section F (light and ventilation, insulation, sound transmission) of BCA
- Certification issues (Part 4A of Environmental Planning and Assessment Act)
- Section H (Entertainment venues) of BCA
- Fire safety upgrading
- Change of use and alterations and additions
- General overview and summary
About the Presenters
Stephen Krimmer is an Accredited Certifier and Senior Building Surveyor with over fourteen years of local government experience, with a specific focus on development assessments, inspections and education.
Craig Squires is an Environmental Health and Building Surveyor with almost twenty years of experience in local government. He has taught at the University of Western Sydney and at TAFE and works at Penrith City Council.
Michael Wynn-Jones holds an honours degree in Building Surveying and a Masters in Fire Engineering and is an A1 - Accredited Certifier - Building Surveying Grade 1. Michael is a member of several State Government committees that deal with private certification, the BCA, fire engineering and alternative solutions and is a conjoint Professor at Newcastle University.
Fee and Discounts
Standard Full Fee - $2,530.00 (GST Free)
- 10 % discount for 2 - 4 registrations from the same organisation
- 20% discount for 5 or more registrations from the same organisation
Discount can be selected from the drop-down box on the Book Now page.
How to book:
- ONLINE: Book and pay by credit card
- REQUEST AN INVOICE: Organisations with an ABN can also be invoiced. Please complete the Invoice Request Form and email to email@example.com to request an invoice.
For all course related enquiries and future dates, please contact us on (02) 9514 7884 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions relating to this course.
For all other enquiries regarding enrolment or payment, please contact UTS Short Courses on Tel: +61 (02) 9514 2913 or email email@example.com
Courses are subject to minimum enrolment numbers to run.