Dates: 1-2 November 2018
Venue: UTS City Campus
Cost: $1280.00 (GST free)
This two-day course will provide participants with an in depth understanding of NSW swimming pool legislation including the roles and responsibilities of Council and Accredited Certifiers. This interactive training course will assist participants to gain the skills and confidence to assess and inspect new and existing swimming pools, issue swimming pool compliance certificates and develop a swimming pool inspection program in accordance with updated NSW swimming pool legislation.
NOTE: Attendance at this course does not satisfy the requirements for the Building Professionals Board proposed accreditation category E1 swimming pool certifier. If you are seeking training as an E1 Certifier see the BPB website for accredited training providers.
Who should attend?
- Council designated officers
- A1 – A3
- Accredited certifiers
- Swimming pool installers
- Council Counter Staff
Topics covered in the seminar include:
- Background to legislation changes
- Swimming Pools Act 1992, amendments and regulations
- Relevant Standards and Australian Standards
- Role of the BPB
- Step by step guide to issuing a Swimming Pool Compliance Certificate
- Implementing a swimming pool inspection program
- Overview of the process from start to finish
- Exempt Development criteria, Complying Development Certificates and BASIX
About the presenters
Stephen Krimmer is an Accredited Certifier and Supervisor Certification with over thirteen years of local government experience, with a specific focus on swimming pool assessment, inspections and education. Stephen provides engaging swimming pool training courses to assist both local government organisations and accredited certifiers.
Kate Stoner has over eight years’ experience as a Building Surveyor within local government and has been instrumental in providing much needed swimming pool legislation training to council officers and Certifiers since 2010. Kate has been involved with two Land and Environment Court cases involving swimming pool legislation and is on a number of related committees.
Standard Fee - $1280.00 (GST Free)
- 10% discount for UTS alumni and UTS staff
- 10% discount for 2 - 4 registrations from the same organisation
- 20% discount for 5 or more registrations from the same organisation
Discount can be selected from the drop-down box on the Book Now page.
How to book:
- ONLINE: Book and pay by credit card
- REQUEST AN INVOICE: Organisations with an ABN can also be invoiced. Please complete the Invoice Request Form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an invoice.
For all course related enquiries and future dates, please contact us on (02) 9514 7884 or email email@example.com with questions relating to this course.
For all other enquiries regarding enrolment or payment, please contact UTS Short Courses on Tel: +61 (02) 9514 2913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Courses are subject to minimum enrolment numbers to run.