Date: 19-20 March (Block 1) and 16-18 April (Block 2) 2018
Venue: UTS City Campus
Cost: $2530.00 (GST free)
This five-day professional development course provides essential skills in understanding and implementing building regulation in New South Wales. The course provides up-to-date advice in interpreting and applying the regulatory requirements for dwellings (Class 1) and outbuildings (Class 10) as contained in the Building Code of Australia and NSW Environmental Planning and Assessment Act.
The course incorporates theory and practice in building assessment, including recent changes in legislation and policy. Workshop sessions and case studies will be utilised.
An Advanced Building Regulation Short Course covers regulation for more complex class 2-9 (multi-residential, commercial and industrial) buildings.
Who should attend?
- Building Surveyors
- Development Engineers
DAY ONE – INTRODUCTION
- New South Wales Building Regulations- interaction of the Act, the Regulations, the Building Code of Australia (BCA) and Australian Standards.
- Format of BCA Volume 2.
- Classification of buildings.
DAY TWO - BUILDING CODE OF AUSTRALIA
- Section 1 – General Provisions.
- Section 2 – Performance Provisions.
- Section 3 – Acceptable Constructions; Introduction to Section 3 of Housing Provisions & in-depth assessment of Fire Separation (Part 3. 7 .1).
DAY THREE – BCA Continued
- Sections 2 & 3 – recap of the Housing Provisions and discussion of any problems encountered since the previous workshop period
- Section 3 – Acceptable Constructions; an in-depth assessment.
DAY FOUR – BCA (continued) and Environmental Planning and Assessment Act
- Section 3: Acceptable Construction.
- Relevant provisions of the Act and Regulation.
- Course summary and review of any key issues
DAY FIVE- BCA (continued) and Swimming Pools Act:
- Energy Efficiency and Sustainability
- Swimming Pools
About the Presenters
Stephen Krimmer is an Accredited Certifier and Senior Building Surveyor with over fourteen years of local government experience, with a specific focus on development assessments, inspections and education. Stephen provides a variety of engaging training courses to assist both local government organisations and accredited certifiers across NSW.
Craig Squires is an Environmental Health and Building Surveyor with almost twenty years of experience in local government. He has taught at the University of Western Sydney and at TAFE and works at Penrith City Council.
Michael Wynn-Jones holds an honours degree in Building Surveying and a Masters in Fire Engineering and is an A1 - Accredited Certifier - Building Surveying Grade 1. Michael is a member of several State Government committees that deal with private certification, the BCA, fire engineering and alternative solutions and is a conjoint Professor at Newcastle University.
Fee and Discounts
Standard Full Fee - $2530.00 (GST Free)
- 10 % discount for 2 - 4 registrations from the same organisation
- 20% discount for 5 or more registrations from the same organisation
Discount can be selected from the drop-down box on the Book Now page.
How to book:
- ONLINE: Book and pay by credit card
- REQUEST AN INVOICE: Organisations with an ABN can also be invoiced. Please complete the Invoice Request Form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an invoice.
For all course related enquiries and future dates, please contact us on (02) 9514 7884 or email email@example.com with questions relating to this course.
For all other enquiries regarding enrolment or payment, please contact UTS Short Courses on Tel: +61 (02) 9514 2913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Courses are subject to minimum enrolment numbers to run.