Workforce Planning Course
Workforce planning is an ongoing process to ensure that organisations have the right people in the right place at the right time to carry out the activities that will ultimately meet their goals. Workforce planning is an integral part of strategic planning and enables local and regional organisations to plan for the right level of resources to meet the needs of their community now and in the future. Organisations who develop robust and evidence-based workforce plans are more competitive in the labour market and are better able to deliver services.
This workforce planning course is a highly participative and collaborative ‘hands-on’ opportunity to understand the context for workforce planning. Using tailored templates, participants are guided through the steps and activities of workforce planning and start to build a workforce plan.
Over two days, participants explore:
- the benefits of integrating workforce plans within strategic corporate planning;
- discuss and identify key workforce challenges for their organisation;
- understand processes, systems and stakeholder engagement when developing and implementing workforce planning;
- identify baseline data and sources of information that inform their plan;
- explore the role of local and regional organisations as a direct employer, and
- consider retention and recruitment strategies that align to current and future service delivery.
On completion of the workshop, participants will be better equipped to understand how workforce planning fits within strategic planning, be able to identify and analyse sources of data and information, and know how to design an effective and relevant workforce plan. Participants of this workshop are able to strengthen their own organisation's capacity and better able to support employment and economic growth in their local and regional communities.
|Duration||2 sessions (16 hours in total)|
|Dates||Tue 10 Nov & Wed 11 Nov, 2020|
|Time||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Venue||UTS City Campus|
|Cost||$1,300 (GST Free)|
After completing this workforce planning course you will be able to:
- Develop evidence-based workforce planning to become more competitive in the labour market
- Meet community needs for service delivery.
- Strengthen organisational capacity to deliver strategic and operational plans
- Incorporate analysis which leads to better understanding of the workforce profile
- Improve current and future capability and performance
- Enable your council to better respond to either planned or unplanned change
- Consolidate strong career paths and clear strategies for staff development
- Create the ‘right mix’ (right skills, right time, right place) to create better efficiency, effectiveness and productivity
Who is the course for?
This workforce planning course is designed for directors and managers responsible for workforce strategies, service heads responsible for resourcing delivery and human resources and corporate services managers.
About the presenters
Sophi Bruce has over 20 years’ experience working in and with public sector agencies and governments, and specialises in approaches to leadership and change. She understands the complexities of making strategic impact and draws on a range of coaching and facilitation techniques that help people and organisations to reach their potential. With UTS since 2011, Sophi has responsibility for a suite of leadership and change programs offered by the Institute for Public Policy and Governance.
In-house Training Solutions
This workforce planning course can also be customised and/or delivered in-house. Find out more.
This short course is presented by the university's Institute for Public Policy and Governance. Learn more about the Institute's research, industry collaboration, postgraduate programs and short courses.