UTS Institute for Public Policy and Governance Postgraduate Scholarship
Open to Master of Applieda Policy and Master of Local Government applicants
The UTS Institute for Public Policy and Governance (UTS:IPPG) Postgraduate Scholarship was designed to support policy and local government professionals seeking to broaden their knowledge and skills through postgraduate study, and to recognise the often diverse pathways leading to these careers.
The Scholarship aims to attract highly motivated and driven postgraduate students to the UTS Master of Applied Policy and Master of Local Government program. The Scholarship offers applied policy and local government students the opportunity to receive a cash grant to support their studies.
Please read the Conditions of Award for the full details of the Scholarship.
Value and duration
The maximum value of this scholarship is $5,000 for each Recipient. There are no restrictions on how Recipients choose to use the Scholarship money.
Usually two (2) new Recipients will be awarded the Scholarship each year. The duration of the Scholarship is usually one year for full-time students and two (or more) years for part-time students.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian or New Zealand citizen, or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Must have submitted an application and met the entry requirements for admission to the UTS Institute for Public Policy and Governance Master of Applied Policy or Master of Local Government degree by coursework degree; and
- Must be commencing the UTS Institute for Public Policy and Governance Master of Applied Policy or Master of Local Government program; and
- Must not have completed any study under any other postgraduate courses within the UTS Institute for Public Policy and Governance; and
- Intend to enrol into a minimum of 12 credit points/session (usually two subjects/session) in the session immediately following the Scholarship selection; and
- All candidates must apply using the online UTS online Scholarship Application form to be eligible (see below).
Applications of eligible candidates will be presented to the UTS:IPPG Scholarship Selection Committee, which will undertake the selection of Recipient, usually in March each year for the Autumn intake and June/July each year for the Spring intake.
Recipient selection criteria:
- Motivation to succeed in the UTS Institute for Public Policy and Governance Master of Applied Policy or Master of Local Government coursework degree, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application;
- Demonstrated initiative in personal and professional life, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application;
- Interest in and passion for their chosen field of study: either policy work or local government and public service, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application.
- Any references provided as part of the Scholarship application.
How to apply
The Scholarship application process is two-part:
- Applicants must first submit an application to the UTS Master of Applied Policy or Master of Local Government course.
- Once their course application has been approved, applicants can proceed to apply for the Scholarship during the application period.
Scholarship application period
Applications for this Scholarship are currently closed.
Applications for Autumn (March) 2019 intake will open towards the end of 2018.
- Read the full Scholarship Conditions of Award
- Read more about the courses: Master of Applied Policy and Master of Local Government
Any questions about the Scholarship or your study options? Please get in touch with us: