24th Annual AAPAE Conference: Applied Ethics in the Fractured State
In its 2017 Annual Conference in Sydney (21-23 June 2017), the AAPAE will for the first time offer an award for the best PhD paper presented.
First prize will be an award for $500, and second prize for $250. Both award-winners will receive certificates, and the Award will be presented at the Conference Dinner on 22 June 2017.
The paper will be judged on its merits in terms of originality, the quality of argument, clarity, and research scholarship. Papers must be presented at the Conference in order to be eligible for either prize.
All participants, including award-winners, will be invited to submit their work to the AAPAE’s conference proceedings, in its associated journal, Emerald’s Research in Ethical Issues in Organizations (REIO). Please do note that the journal submission process for REIO is wholly independent of the Award, and winning the Award does not guarantee publication in REIO.
How to enter:
- Entries open: 19 May 2017
- Entries close: 9 June 2017
- Preferred word length is between 4000 to 7000 words
- Candidates must be the sole or primary (‘first’) author of the paper
- Candidates must be enrolled as a PhD student when they submit their paper. They may be full-time or part-time, and at either an Australian or international university.
- Papers will be judged by a Panel selected by the AAPAE Executive Committee. The Panel’s decisions will be final.
To enter candidates must email their paper to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9 June 2017.