New MoU Strengthens Korea-Australia Local Govt Relationship
The University of Technology Sydney’s (UTS) Centre for Local Government (part of the UTS Institute for Public Policy and Governance) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Governors Association of Korea.
The Memorandum of Understanding formalises the long-standing collaboration between the two organisations, and serves to strengthen the relationship of local governments both in Australia and Korea.
The Memorandum seeks to:
- Promote exchanges between local government bodies in Australia and Korea
- Support fellowship programs for local government officials
- Enable co-facilitation of policy seminars and workshops to advance local government workforce from both countries
- Enable collaboration on major events or conferences
- Support international cooperation and partnerships between the two organisations
Secretary General Kwon Young-Soo signed on behalf of the Governors Association of Korea, and Professor Roberta Ryan, Director of the Centre signed on behalf of the UTS Centre for Local Government.
The Memorandum was signed at the UTS Institute for Public Policy and Governance today.
UTS Centre for Local Government/ UTS Institute for Public Policy and Governance
University of Technology Sydney
Tel: +61 2 9514 7884