Elena Katrakis, CEO Carers NSW, appointed Industry Fellow
Elena Katrakis, CEO Carers NSW, has been appointed as UTS Industry Fellow to the Centre for Carers Research for the period from 1 August 2019 until 30 June 2021.
Carers NSW is the peak non-government organisation for family and friend carers in NSWand is committed to working closely with government, businesses, the community and carers themselves to improve the recognition, support, inclusion, and wellbeing of all carers living in NSW. Carers NSW is a close collaborating partner of the Centre for Carers Research with involvement in staff recruitment, the Centre's Research Working Committee, and in all aspects of research projects.
Elena Katrakis has been the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Carers NSW since 2006. Prior to that she worked in senior management and social policy roles in the NSW public service with a focus on housing, mental health and homelessness. In 2011 Elena was appointed as a member of the NSW Ministerial Carers Advisory Council and in 2018 she was elected Deputy Chair of International Management Committee for CAREN (Carer Research and Knowledge Exchange Network).
As a key foundational partner of the Centre for Carers Research, collaborations with Carers NSW to date include:
- Recruitment panel member of Centre for Carers Research staff
- Founding member of the Centre’s Research Working Committee
- Collaborative research projects including joint submissions and presentations of research to conferences.
- Shared research skills training
In addition to the foundational involvement with the Centre for Carers Research, as Industry Fellow, Elena will provide invaluable contribution to the Institute for Public Policy and Governance including:
- Teaching into the Masters of Local Government,
- Shared research projects and events,
- Joint policy and research submissions.