Researching with carers: Research workshop
Social researchers and practitioners, policymakers and carer advocates are invited to explore the topic of working with and beside carers at our research workshop.
Presented by the UTS Centre for Carers Research and supported by the Carers Investment Program, NSW Department of Communities and Justice.
A carer provides ongoing, unpaid help to someone who needs it because of a disability, long-term or life limiting illness, mental illness, dementia or ageing.
The workshop aims to provide a multi-disciplinary, generous and rigorous platform for researchers working with and for carers to share their work with a group of scholars, researchers and policy practitioners. With a particular focus on the top-to-bottom practical aspects of researching with carers, academics and practitioners will have the opportunity to present their work-in-progress research; to engage and network with researchers across a spectrum of disciplines; and to build research skills.
This research workshop is for: Higher degree and early career researchers (HDR & ECR); social researchers and practitioners; carer research scholars; carer policy makers; carer advocates and student carers interested in a future in research.
Structure of the day
- Discussant responses to research papers and projects
- Topic-based mini-workshops
- Recruiting carer research partners and audiences
- Carer research methods and approaches
- Ethical issues arising working with carers
- How to facilitate carer led research
- Co-design of policy with carers
- Applied research approaches for programming and evaluation
- Best practice model case studies in carer research
- Lived experience in research
CALL FOR PAPERS & PROJECTS
Are you working on a paper or a research project that could benefit from a respectful constructively critical review?
For papers and research projects please send proposal, including a title, 250 word abstract, and 100 word author biography to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Are you willing to review a paper or research project and give thoughtful generous response?
For discussants, please send a summary of research fields of interest, and a 100 word biography to email@example.com
Submission deadline: Monday 4 November 2019