The Mid-career Researchers (MCRs) Boost Program has been designed for academics that are strengthening their profile as researchers. MCRs are no longer ECRs, having progressed from being an emerging researcher to an established researcher; MCRs will generally be in the process of developing into a research leader. The mid-career researcher will probably be planning to apply for promotion to level D or level E over the next three years. As a result it is intended that the MCR Boost Program will enable those people who are already at Senior Lecturer or Associate Professor levels (C and D) to take a strategic approach to the next steps in their academic careers.
Please refer below for an outline of the 2016 MCR Boost Program, currently run during Spring (second) semester. Content is likely to be similar for 2017.
Funding/Planning your Research
- Industry Research Engagement
- International Research Engagement
- Creating your Research Canvas
- Getting Grants & Funding: Effective strategies and what to watch out for
Managing grant funding/Research Management & Organisation
- Intellectual Property: How to develop and protect your research assets
- Project Management (lab based)
- Managing the Research Process (lab based)
- Strategic Planning and your Research Career
- Ehhancing your Scholarly Reputation (lab based)
- Speed Collaborating for Research