Applications for general Australian Postgraduate Award (APA) Scholarships for commencement in 2016 at UTS open in August 2017.
Application closing dates vary for domestic and international students.
UTS:Science offers competitive three year scholarship stipends valued at approximately $25,000 tax free per-annum with additional benefits including:
• $2,800 per annum allocated as project support grant
• up to $2,000 postgraduate conference travel funding ( subject to faculty approval)
• Desktop computer and a workspace in state-of-the-art research facilities.
Successful C3 candidates can receive up to $3,000 per annum in travel funds to support research and collaboration.
A range of PhD projects is available within the following C3 Research Programs
- GE Algal Bio-Factory Research Program
- Seafood Safety
- Coral Ecpphysiology
- Remote Sensing
C3 is a multidisciplinary research cluster and honours graduates with backgrounds in physics and mathematical modelling are encouraged to apply, as well as candidates with a background in environmental sciences.
- Consult the C3 Research Group pages to identify potential supervisor details or consult UTS Supervisor database
- Speak to a potential supervisor before proceeding with an application as outlined in 'Applying for a research degree and scholarship"
Take a look at the profiles of C3 research students, both past and present, for inspiration.
Supervisor profiles can also be found on the C3 Members pages.
Faculty of Science contact:
Lisa Merry, Research and Development Manager
Phone: +61 2 9514 4754