The last few years have seen revolution and investment explosion in both quantum computing and artificial intelligence. For many years, the AI research group at QSI has focused on foundations of AI, including spatial and temporal reasoning, constraint solving, and uncertainty in AI. The aim of our current and future research in QSI is to discover the deep interaction between quantum computing and artificial intelligence. Besides the above classical topics, the AI group is interested in developing novel and efficient methods for learning quantum states or measurements for small-mid size quantum devices, in designing algorithms and measurements that can efficiently handle big quantum data, and in developing and applying quantum algorithms to solve hard constraint satisfaction and optimisation problems.
Key members: Prof Yuan Feng, A/Prof Min-Hsiu Hsieh, Dr Nengkun Yu, Prof Mingsheng Ying
Spatial and temporal reasoning
Using AI approaches to represent and reasoning with qualitative spatial and temporal knowledge.
Quantum constraint solving
Develop quantum algorithms to solve hard constraint satisfaction and optimisation problems in general and spatial and temporal reasoning in particular.
Quantum machine learning
Develop machine learning applications for small-mid size quantum devices.
Quantum property testing
designing algorithms and measurements that can efficiently handle very large amount of quantum data.
- Zhiguo Long*, Michael Sioutis, and Sanjiang Li. Efficient path consistency algorithm for large qualitative constraint networks. IJCAI 2016.
- Chunlai Zhou and Yuan Feng. Extend transferable belief models with probabilistic priors. UAI 2015.
- Sanjiang Li, Zhiguo Long*, Weiming Liu*, Matt Duckham, and Alan Both. On redundant topological constraints. Artif. Intell. (2015).
- Sanjiang Li and Weiming Liu*. Topological Relations between Convex Regions. AAAI 2010.
- Mingsheng Ying. Quantum Computation, quantum theory and AI. Artif. Intell. (2010).
- Mingsheng Ying. Linguistic quantifiers modeled by Sugeno integrals. Artif. Intell. (2006).
* QSI PhD students / Research Associate at the time of completion.