The CMCFH is dedicated to improving the health of childbearing women, children, young people and families through our leadership in midwifery, child and family health research, education, practice development and consultancy. We conduct research that strengthens and supports the health of Australian families, improves policy and systems particularly in vulnerable populations, develops workforce capacity and practice and improves outcomes for Indigenous women, children and adolescents.
We achieve our goals through the pursuit of excellence in globally relevant research-inspired teaching and learning that has impact, leading interdisciplinary approaches to health development and improvements, collaboration and engagement with industry partners and developing graduates who are leaders in their profession.
Each of our objectives relate to our discipline areas of midwifery, child and family health and paediatric nursing and the health care of young people:
- Conduct high quality research to improve quality of practice, services and systems
- Develop, evaluate and improve practice development initiatives that are based on evidence and best practice and provide technical, evidence-based consultancy services
- Contribute to, and participate in, the educational and professional development of midwives, nurses and other relevant health care professionals
- Support capacity building in higher degree research students and early career researchers and support leadership development
- Foster collaborative relationships and interdisciplinary research in practice development and knowledge translation to enable system-level reform