The Centre for Business and Social Innovation (CBSI) brings together researchers from multiple fields to provide a unique perspective on innovation that integrates the technical, the economic and the social. Through its research, high quality publications, and engagement, it will nurture a culture of innovation, social justice and environmental responsibility in Australia.
CBSI operates as a hub where researchers from UTS Business School engage with members of other faculties to conduct innovative research on: The Future of Organisations in Society; The Future of Work, Organising and Enterprise; The Future of Innovation and Innovative systems.
CBSI researchers make a real difference through research with impact. CBSI has a reputation for its capacity to draw on the worlds of scholarship, policy, and practice and has become an influential voice in Australia. In particular, CBSI is unique among Australia’s university-based research centres because its staff not only produce high-quality policy-oriented research but also have held senior positions externally and remain engaged with practitioners. This reinforces its credibility in making research and policy recommendations. CBSI seeks to drive the national agenda as to how innovation can build a stronger and fairer society and how organisations can be the locus to drive projects for social purpose.
The aims of the Centre are to:
- Support the development of public policy in innovation and productivity, and the future of business and work
- Assist Australian industry and business to transition to knowledge-intensive goods and services.
- Foster a culture of innovation and healthy innovation eco-systems
- Foster new approaches to the challenges of the future of work and the corporation
- Develop new ways of harnessing innovation to generate creative, resilient, sustainable and inclusive societies
- Examine social justice across the marginalized other, including ethnicity, Indigeneity, sexuality, age, gender and geographic location.