The CAS vision is to become the Australian leader for research, development and commercial application of human-centred robotics.
We aim to:
- undertake fundamental research on the nature of perception, design, learning and control of mechatronic devices that coexist and interact with humans
- undertake persuasive practical demonstrations of human-centred robotics and to lay the technical groundwork for commercial application of such systems
- be the research partner of choice for key industries to enable the effective translation of research outcomes to commercial application
- attract, train, retain and deliver high quality research students to industry and academia
- bring research to the undergraduate classroom to reinforce the practice-based approach in education at UTS
- achieve sustainability in funding, research talent, capacity and delivery of world-class outputs