Workshop on history and historiography
This ACPH public workshop asks our speakers to contemplate what history means to them and how historiographical changes have influenced their own approaches to historical research and writing.
They contemplate questions such as:
- Who is a historian?
- Can all forms of narrative ‘be history’? (Such as fiction, memoir, speculative biography, visual representations)
- What are our sources?
- Influence of new technology?
- To what end do historians write?
- Has politics disappeared from history?
- Why should we be thinking historiographically?
UTS Building 10 (FASS), Level 9, Room 213 on Fri 9 March
The workshop features speakers Stefan Berger, Marnie Hughes-Warrington and Stuart Macintyre.