Recipients of 2014 UTS Learning and Teaching awards and citations were honoured in a gala event in the Great Hall on 25 May 2015.
The Vice-Chancellor’s Learning and Teaching Showcase provides an opportunity to recognise excellence and innovation across the University. Five award trophies were handed out and a further 14 citations were presented.
2014 award winners include:
- Dr Mark Watsford for his work deveoping work-ready Sport and Exercise Science graduates through practice-oriented learning;
- Dr Jeff Browitt for his flipped learning approach to a subject in the BA of International Studies;
- Atieh Fallahi for her excellent contribution as a casual staff member;
- Professor Anthony Baker for his work in strengthening the UTS Model of Learning and
- the First Year Experience Strategy team for the development of a systematic, institution-wide first year experience strategy that has improved student transition and engaged academic and professional staff.
Award winners received a new trophy designed by DAB academic and industrial designer, Anton Nemme. The trophy was keenly admired and is well on its way to becoming a coveted item.
For full details of the awards, see the list of the winners and the citation recipients and their projects.