The Solar Stand is an accessory designed to enhance the performance and usability of flexible thin-film solar-panels.
Integrated into the packaging of a rollable solar panel, the Solar Stand is designed to enhance and improve the use of flexible solar panels in three main areas:
- providing increased power output through the ability to align the cells of the solar panel and adjust the angle towards the sun
- providing increased versatility allowing for attachment to almost any surface along with tent and tripod fixings
- providing electronic equipment safety through a dynamic waterproof charging and storage housing.
The Solar Stand is designed to be universal to all existing major manufacturers of rollable solar panels. The Solar Stand is designed to expand the existing rollable solar panel market towards the mainstream leisure market by transforming Silicon Amorphous Solar Panels into a useable and viable product.
Key features and benefits
Maximises power output:
- The Solar Stand provides increased power output by flattening out the panel and enabling it to be optimally angled to the sun.
- The stand provides angle adjustment by 60 degrees in all directions
- Tests indicate a 35% improvement in power output can be achieved with the Solar stand. This directly translates to a reduction in charging time. i.e. a 3 hours charge can be reduced to 2 hours.
Versatility/ease of use:
- The Solar Stand is lightweight and stores neatly inside the rolled panel when not used.
- It is able to secure to almost any surface using independent retractable tethering cords.
- It is designed to fix to standard tripod fittings and locate externally onto secure positions on tents
- The Solar Stand compacts down to fit neatly inside the cylindrical void of rollable Solar panels.
- This both saves space and prevents the common problem of cell damage through tight rolling.
IP Position: Patent pending in USA
UTS Ref: PAT-01606
We are looking for licensees interested in taking this product to market — available as a free license through Easy Access IP.