Superior Stepper motor drives using feed forward torque control
We have developed a new Feed Forward Torque Control (FFTC) sensorless vector control scheme for stepper motor drives to obtain vastly improved stepper motor performance.
ENGLISH | 中文版
FFTC provides high torque and fast speed changes down to zero speed which was previously only available by adding a shaft encoder. The controller also has low sensitivity to motor parameter changes and reduced current band-width requirements, which allows the use of lower cost microcontrollers. FFTC has been programmed onto an ARM processor and has been demonstrated with a production prototype.
- Costs no more than a standard stepper drive
- Full damping of the motor right down to zero speed, no resonance problems
- Very insensitive to parameter variations, can handle large changes in inertia
- Provides automatic damping of springy loads
- Motor current automatically adjusts to match the load resulting in cool motor operation, except at zero and low speeds where a holding current is applied
- Sudden load or inertia changes result in temporary speed dip without loss of position
- Motor will run at high speeds without stalling allowing much faster position movement
- Continuously updated speed profiling for position movements built in, no need for an external indexer
- Extremely smooth and quiet
- Precise speed control down to 0.1 rpm and up to 3000 rpm
- Simple set up – no manual tuning
- High performance industrial stepper motor drives
- OEM stepper motor drives requiring high performance at low cost
- Various markets including computer numeric control machining equipment, medical equipment, robotics, factory automation, 3-D printers, actuators (for vehicles), semiconductor fabrication plants etc.
Status and IP Position
A production prototype is available for evaluation. FFTC has patents pending in China, Europe and the USA.
We are seeking a commercial partner in the electric motor, controller or semiconductor industry who requires an exceptionally high quality stepper motor controller.