Accomplish Award 2020
Help our Accomplish Award Students practice their networking. Your partnership in the 2020 Virtual Accomplish Award not only encourages and supports our current accomplish students', as an alumni it is an opportunity for you to reconnect with the program, and UTS. As an industry partner you will have the opportunity to build brand awareness, and meet UTS talent before your competitors.
The UTS Virtual Accomplish Award is a program designed to enhance current students' employability success by helping them identify and articulate their skills, knowledge, and experience in an appropriate and professional way.
Following the advice from NSW Health, and with the health and safety of our staff, students, and extended community we decided to pause the 2020 (in-person) UTS Accomplish Award to help slow the spread of COVID-19 in the community. We are excited to announce the 2020 Virtual Accomplish Award and would like to invite our UTS Alumni and industry partners to join us for a Virtual Networking Event.
About - Virtual Networking
Virtual Networking events are a fantastic way to connect with anywhere between 20-60 UTS students. Held from 3 pm and 4.30 pm, the session will utilise Remo Conference, a live webinar and virtual networking platform. You can network by joining a virtual table and using video, chat and other virtual functions to interact. We will send you a calendar invitation with the link and your virtual table number two days prior to the event. You can watch instructions on how to use Remo Conference as an attendee here.
Registrations are now open for the upcoming Virtual Networking event:
Science & Health Virtual Networking
29 September 2020
3.00 - 4.30 pm
Virtual Networking Playbook
Instructions for using Remo
1. Click on the event joining link shared with you in your email
2. Once you have reached Remo’s event page, click on ‘Join event now!’
3. Enter your email and click ‘Continue to create an account’. Type in your full name, create a password and click on ‘Join event now!’
4. Next, click on ‘Allow camera and microphone’ to enable others to see and hear you during the event. You may receive a pop-up asking you to confirm. Please click ‘Allow’. (You can change this setting during the event by switching your functions on and off at the bar on the button of your screen)
5. The platform will then check if your camera and microphone works. Once that’s done, click ‘Cam & mic works! Join event!’ Note: If you face camera and microphone issues, click on the ‘Need help’ button at the bottom left of the page for chat support.
6. You will see several “tables” in a “conference hall”. You will be assigned to a table. You can switch tables by double-clicking on another table with a free space. When you go to a different table, you will only see the participants that are active on your table.
7. The toolbar at the bottom of the page allows you to turn your camera and microphone on and off, chat with others as a group or one-on-one, share your screen and use an interactive whiteboard.
8. You can also click on a person’s avatar to view their profile and connect with them on LinkedIn.
9. To exit the session, click on the ‘Leave event’ button in the toolbar at the bottom of your screen.
You can also test your mic & camera before the event via https://remo.co/mic-cam-test/
This session will utilise Remo Conference, a Live Webinar and virtual networking platform. You can network by joining a virtual table and using video, chat and other virtual functions to interact.
We will send you a calendar invitation with the link and your virtual table number 2 days before the event. You can watch instructions on how to use Remo Conference as an attendee here.