Community Connections provides opportunities for International students to make connections at UTS and across the wider Sydney community through programs and activities such as:
- community and cultural events
- day trips
- local volunteering
The involvement of Australian community organisations, not-for-profits and corporate sponsors in the Community Connections program strengthens the university experience of UTS’s international student community.
It can also provide benefits to your business through contact with highly motivated, culturally aware UTS students – the next generation of business and community problem solvers.
Our initiatives include:
- Lounge Link airport pick-up and welcome service
- Large day long volunteering – such as Clean Up Australia Day
- Ongoing small group volunteering
- Linking students to great community led initiatives – like The Welcome Dinners Project
See more of what we do on our events page and in our photo gallery.
Working with us
Community Connections works with students and staff from charities and businesses towards shared goals and benefits.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in working together on:
- Volunteer events that bring international students together with Australian businesses and charities for a good cause.
- Welcoming international students to Australia with tailored welcome materials and initiatives.
Our current partners
We've worked with (all links open external sites):
- Bondi Surf Club
- Bupa (health care)
- Cancer Council NSW
- Central Park shopping centre
- Geraldine Cox’s Sunrise Children’s Villages
- Joining the Dots (The Welcome Dinners Project)
- Our Big Kitchen
- Optus Mobile
- Optus RockCorps
- Resourceful Australian Indian Network
- South of the Border
- Sutherland Shire Council
- The Centre for Volunteering
- The Color Run
- The Hon. Gabrielle Upton, MP for Vaucluse
- Travel Concierge (paid provider relationship)
- ActivateUTS (formerly UTS Union)