Enrol now in the most sought after qualification in the Australian training sector. The nationally recognised TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment provides the critical skills and knowledge for professionals working in vocational education and training; workplace training and assessing; and learning and development.
Our courses are facilitated by professional trainers with industry and academic experience, who are committed to delivering engaging and interactive learning.
- Vocational education trainer
- TAFE teacher
- Registered Training Organisation (RTO) trainer and assessor
- Workplace trainer and assessor
- Learning and development manager
- Training analyst and advisor.
Our TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is structured into four modules:
- Program Design
- Train the Trainer
- Workplace Assessment
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills.
Each module is scheduled at various times throughout the year providing multiple attendance options.
Module 1: Program Design (3 days)
Three days of continuous face-to-face training
Units of competency:
- TAEDES401 - Design and develop learning programs
- TAEDES402 - Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs.
Module 2: Train the Trainer (4 days)
Three days of continuous face-to face-training, followed by a one-week gap before the fourth, and final, day of training
Units of competency:
- TAEDEL401 Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning
- TAEDEL402 Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation.
Module 3: Workplace Assessment (5 days)
Four days of continuous face-to-face training, followed by two week gap before the fifth, and final, day of training
- TAEASS401 Plan assessment activities and processes
- TAEASS402 Assess competence
- TEAASS403 Participate in assessment validation
- TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools.
Module 4: Language, Literacy and Numeracy (1 day)
One day of face-to-face training.
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills.
It is recommended that students without VET or training experience undertake the modules in order ie. 1 – 2 – 3 – 4, however this is not compulsory. Students can complete the modules in any order.
Typically students take between 12 and 24 months to complete the qualification.
This qualification requires completion of four modules for a total cost of $5200 as detailed below:
- Module 1: Program Design - $1200 (3 days)
- Module 2: Train the Trainer - $1600 (4 days)
- Module 3: Workplace Assessment - $2000 (5 days)
- Module 4: Language, Literacy and Numeracy - $400 (1 day)
Enrol upfront for the full qualification and pay only $4680 (save 10%). No further discounts apply.
Students will be issued with the nationally recognised qualification, TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, upon successful completion of all course modules and assessments.
Successful completion of an individual course module and relevant assessment will result in a Statement of Attainment listing the Unit/s of Competency attained.
Qualifications and Statements of Attainment will be issued by accessUTS Pty Ltd, RTO no. 90811, a wholly owned entity of the University of Technology Sydney.
The delivery method will combine self-paced, face-to-face trainer-led learner-centred courses, formative assessment activities and learning activities involving small groups and the individual, experiential learning and workplace based projects.
Assessments will occur during the course both off- and on-the-job through workplace-based projects enabling learners to demonstrate competency against nationally endorsed standards. accessUTS will hold scheduled assessment days for candidates who do not have access to a workplace to complete the assessment tasks.Completed assessment tasks must be submitted within 8 weeks of scheduled training day and participants are expected to engage in self-study during this period. You will also complete activities to develop your understanding during class. You will have access to facilitators and staff during this period to assist you in completing your course.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
All participants shall have access to, and can apply for, Recognition of Prior Learning on enrolment for all unit(s) of competency in this qualification. Candidates who consider that they already possess, and can demonstrate the competencies outlined in the unit(s) of competency, shall be granted credit on substantiation.
Students entering this program must be able to demonstrate vocational competency in their proposed industry. Vocational competency is defined as broad industry knowledge and experience, and may include, but is not limited to, holding a relevant unit of competency or qualification.
Learners will be assessed for their suitability prior to commencing training which includes, but is not limited to, providing a current curriculum vitae and copies of qualifications held along with other documents suitable as evidence of vocational competency. A verification process will be carried out by the RTO to check authenticity and relevance of evidence provided during the enrolment interview.
- LLN Test- Language, literacy and numeracy requirements: Learners enrolled will have to successfully complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy test prior to commencement of training. Learners who do not currently hold adequate literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course will be provided with additional learning support or directed to Foundation Skills programs based on the level of assistance required.
- VET Learner Handbook and Agreement provides information on your rights and obligations as a learner. You will have to read and agree to the terms and conditions listed here upon enrolment.
- Verification form - please send the completed form back to accessUTStraining@uts.edu.au to start your enrolment process.
Customisation opportunities for companies
The content and delivery of the Certificate IV and its individual modules can be customised for companies, providing a course relevant to your organisational needs. Flexible delivery options are available.