Green Impact is a new program designed to empower people who care about sustainability. The program supports UTS staff and students to join with each other, form teams, and work together to undertake sustainability actions, big and small.
How it works
- Create your own team (minimum 3 people), or join an existing team
- Register via the online portal. Opens in March 2020
- Browse the online ‘toolkit’ of suggested actions to undertake
- Choose the actions your team will undertake
- Work on your actions, having fun along the way
- Teams earn points as they complete actions
- Towards the end of the year, student auditors will audit each team
- In late October, an awards event recognises and celebrates everyone’s achievements
The program has been designed to provide guidance, support, and a framework for activity. Combined, lots of small actions add up to something big.
Each individual action is rated bronze, silver or gold depending on the time commitment or level of difficulty.
Students can apply to be volunteer auditors, applications open in August. Student auditors do not need any prior experience and will receive ISSP* approved training and a certificate. (* International Society of Sustainability Professionals)
The time commitment required is up to you. But remember, the more effort, the more points your team earns, and the more progress we all make in creating a more sustainable world.
Join the program
2020 registrations open in late March.
Originally developed in the United Kingdom by the National Union of Students (NUS) and delivered in Australia by Australasian Campuses towards Sustainability (ACTS), Green Impact is being run at 14 universities across Australia and New Zealand.