Green Impact is a new program designed to empower people who care about sustainability. The program supports UTS staff and students to join with each other, form teams, and work together to undertake sustainability actions, big and small.
How it works
- Create your own team (minimum 3 people), or join an existing team
- Register via the online
- Browse the online ‘toolkit’ of suggested actions to undertake
- Choose the actions your team will undertake
- Work on your actions, having fun along the way
- Teams earn points as they complete actions
- Towards the end of the year, student auditors will audit each team
- In late October, an awards event will recognise and celebrate everyone’s achievements
The program has been designed to provide guidance, support, and a framework for activity. Combined, lots of small actions add up to something big.
Each individual action is rated bronze, silver or gold depending on the time commitment or level of difficulty.
Students can get involved in two different ways. Firstly, by joining one of the three existing student teams (EcoSoc, Enviro Collective or UTS Housing) or, in second semester apply to be trained as an auditor. Individuals can do both. If you’re a student and would like to get involved, email us at and we can help.
The time commitment required is up to you. But remember, the more effort, the more points your team earns, and the more progress we all make in creating a more sustainable world.
Originally developed in the United Kingdom by the and delivered in Australia by , Green Impact is being run at 14 universities across Australia and New Zealand.