Test dates (Computer & Paper based tests)
Please select your test date and module carefully. Cancellations require a minimum of five weeks notice from the test date (admin fee may apply). When you apply, please make sure to upload a clear and legible scanned copy of your original valid PASSPORT.
Test dates (Computer-delivered)
UTS is running computer-delivered IELTS test for 6 times a week every Tuesday to Sunday. Your test result will be available in 2-5 days. Booking is available now.
Please view all upcoming test dates from the IELTS website here(opens an external site).
Test dates (Paper-based)
|21/03/2020 (Results 03/04/2020)|
|18/04/2020 (Results 01/05/2020)|
|30/05/2020 (Results 12/06/2020)|
|13/06/2020 (Results 26/06/2020)|
|20/06/2020 (Results 03/07/2020)|
|11/07/2020 (Results 24/07/2020)|
|25/07/2020 (Results 07/08/2020)|
|08/08/2020 (Results 21/08/2020)|
|22/08/2020 (Results 04/09/2020)|
|12/09/2020 (Results 25/09/2020)|
|26/09/2020 (Results 09/10/2020)|
|24/10/2020 (Results 06/11/2020)|
|21/11/2020 (Results 04/12/2020)|
|05/12/2020 (Results 18/12/2020)|
Fees and cancellations
- Test fee*: $340 - Payable by Credit/Debit card (Visa/MasterCard).
- Results Remarking fee: $176 (Must apply within 6 weeks from the test date)
- Results Reprint fee: $25
- Test Date Transfer fee: Free (1 weeks' notice required prior to the test date for both Computer-delivered test and the Paper-based test). The UTS IELTS Centre only allows one free transfer per candidate per booking.
- Cancellation fee: $85 (1 weeks’ notice required prior to the test date for both Computer-delivered test and the Paper-based test (admin fee will apply).
No cancellations will be allowed if made less than 1 week prior to the test date unless there is a serious cause or illness (supporting documentation needs to be produced, see below for details)
- Full refund if cancellation is made more than 2 weeks before the test date.
*GST not applicable for the IELTS test if you are taking it for any of the following reasons:
- Access to education, registration or licensing for a particular occupation,
- Membership of a professional or trade association,
- Employment, immigration - skilled Migration for any of the above.
- GST ($34) will be applicable for the IELTS test if you are taking it for any reason other than those listed above.
*From 1 February 2020, the IELTS test fee will increase to $355.00. The new test fee will only apply to test bookings from 1 March 2020. Any test dates prior to 1 March will not be subject to the fee increase.
Cancellation of the test
You may cancel your IELTS test and receive a refund by completing the IELTS Request for Refund or Test Date Transfer Form (PDF, 294kB) a minimum of 1 week prior to your test date (admin fee may apply).
No cancellations will be accepted less than 1 week before the test date except for illness or serious cause. However, an administration fee of $85 applies for the cancellation.
If you apply for a cancellation more than 2 weeks before the test date, no administration fee will be charged.
Note: UTS IELTS Centre reserves the right not to accept cancellations if you start the test but exit early due to any reason.
Refund or test date transfer due to illness or serious cause
If you cannot attend the test due to illness or serious cause, you can apply for a refund or test date transfer within 5 working days after your test date by following the steps below:
- Fill out the IELTS Request for Refund or Test Date Transfer Form (PDF, 294kB).
- Attach supporting documentation (e.g. original medical certificate).
- Submit the above documentation to the UTS IELTS Centre within 5 working days after your test date or before the test.
If your request for a refund is approved, you will be refunded the test fee (Administration fee of $85 may apply for cancellations).
Please note: If you request a test date transfer, you need to choose a test date within the next 3 months of your original test date.
If you wish to transfer to a test date which is more than 3 months after the original test date, you should apply for a refund and then re-apply for the test date you want.
If you require any assistance, please contact the UTS IELTS Centre.
UK Visas and Immigration
If you make a visa application to stay or move to the UK, you need to take your test at the approved test locations selected by the UK government. Find out more about UKVI (opens an external site).