The Mental Health Association NSW (opens an external site) has a helpful website with fact sheets about mental health and a wide range of mental health conditions. These fact sheets describe the signs and symptoms of different types of mental illness and include the latest referral and possible treatment options.
Beyondblue has some checklists that are quick, easy and confidential. These questions are designed to help you reflect on your situation or that of someone close to you. Information found on this site is a guide only. It is important to seek help from a counsellor if you have symptoms of depression, anxiety or other mental disorder.
- Anxiety and depression checklist (K10) (opens an external site)
- The Desk (opens an external site)
A tool by Beyondblue that aims to support Australian tertiary students to achieve mental and physical health and well-being.
- Mental Health Association NSW (opens an external site)
Provides information, education and advice about protecting mental health and mutual support and advocacy services.
- Beyond Blue (opens an external site)
Provides information about depression to consumers, carers and health professionals.
- Black Dog Institute (opens an external site)
A world leader in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mood disorders such as depression and bipolar disorder.
- Headspace (opens an external site)
A website of the National Youth Mental Health Foundation
- MyCompass (opens an external site)
An interactive self-help service that aims to promote resilience and well-being
- SANE Australia (opens an external site)
National Mental Health Charity
- Reachout (opens an external site)
An online youth mental health service.
- Suicide Prevention Australia (opens an external site)
National peak body for the suicide prevention sector in Australia.
- Mental Health Advocacy Service (opens an external site)
Covers Legal Aid matters under the Mental Health Act.
- Australian Drug Information Network (ADIN) (opens an external site)
An alcohol and drug search directory.
- The Butterfly Foundation (opens an external site)
Represents all people affected by eating disorders.
- Transcultural Mental Health Centre (opens an external site)
Provides information and assistance related to mental health in languages other than English.
- Association of Relatives and Friends of the Mentally Ill (ARAFMI) (opens an external site)
Provides support and advocacy for families and friends of those living with mental illness or disorder.