Research Spotlight - India
Indian Institute of Science
Indian Institute of Science (IISc) conducts advanced research in sciences and engineering and across 42 departments in most areas of basic and applied sciences, including:
- Molecular genetics, bioinformatics solutions, nanotechnology, surface engineering, embedded systems, biochemical engineering, computational material science, robotics and controls, ecological sciences, urban development, ICT for transportation and infrastructure, climate change.
TERI School of Advanced Studies, Delhi
TERI School of Advanced Studies, Delhi (TSAS) research focuses on broad themes of resource use and management, natural-human systems, policy and governance, environment and development, sustainability engineering, and biotechnology, including:
- Water management, sustainable development, energy security; water and food security nexus, environmental decision-making; performance management system for utilities, rating for energy efficiency for water equipment and biodiversity.
Tata Institute of Social Sciences
Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) research focuses on social work, social sciences, human resources management, health systems and allied fields, including:
- Climate change; community development; disaster management; education; food security; governance; human rights; labour and migration; mental health; natural resources management; rural development; urban issues; and women and gender, media and culture studies; gender studies.
Jawaharlal Nehru University
Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) research is dedicated to achieving excellence across a broad range of disciplines in social sciences and sciences, including:
- Climate change, cultural studies, gender studies and citizenship, Social Choice Theory, Molecular Science, Infectious Diseases, Parasitology, Immunology, Media including Mass Communication, Social Medicine and Community Health, Health Policy and Health Economics.
Indian Institute of Technology Madras
Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT-Madras) research encompasses specialised areas of science and technology, engineering, humanities and social sciences, management, and basic sciences, including:
- Biomedical engineering, bioinformatics, health technologies, data sciences, mechatronics and intelligent systems, engineering design, nano-materials, networked sensor information processing, wireless communication networks, architecture-based engineering, quantum computation, ecological modelling and remote sensing.