Through our research, UTS delivers transformative benefits that enhance the wellbeing of society and the environment, unleashing the potential of our communities. We recognise diversity of our people as an essential ingredient in achieving innovation and excellence.
The Research Equity Initiative (REI) is a multi-layered suite of programs that support gender equity and inclusion for researchers at UTS. The REI takes a whole of university approach, implementing tailored actions that address gender disparities in research across the organisation.
The REI has been recognised across the higher education sector and by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as leading practice in gender equity.
Initiatives under the REI include:
- Childcare and Carer Support Fund (Conference Attendance)
- Funding for Research during Parental Leave
- Research Re-establishment Grants
- UTS Jenny Edwards Research Fellowship
- Women Researchers @ UTS Network — A network for all academic women that holds regular meetings, forums and workshops concentrating on research and career-related issues
- Women HDR Program – A network for all women higher degree research students that holds networking events and workshops focussing on their development as researchers.
The REI is primarily targeted at academics and research students with carer responsibilities of all genders, and women in traditionally male-dominated disciplines.
Learn more about UTS’s Research Equity Initiative.