At UTS, we believe innovation happens best in collaboration. That’s why we work hand in hand with partners from startup, not-for-profit, corporate, and government organisations to support Australia’s innovation ecosystem. We’re building a network of partners that catalyse and scale entrepreneurial experiences and education for UTS students, inspire and connect student founders, and engage with the ecosystem. One great example of how UTS is delivering the next generation of top tech talent is our Startup Internships program, featured below.
Whether your organisation wants to find your next agile graduate talent, build innovation capability in your existing workforce, connect with young high-growth tech businesses or support entrepreneurship in the community, the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Unit can help. Contact email@example.com to find out more about collaboration opportunities.
How we work with partners
Entrepreneurial experiences and education
- UTS’s Startup Internship program gives students the opportunity to have meaningful work experiences in the innovation ecosystem and better prepare them for entrepreneurial career paths themselves—all while supporting Sydney’s startups with an infusion of fresh young talent.
- Startup internships runs in partnership with accelerators, incubators, and co-working communities, including BlueChilli, Cicada Innovations, EnergyLab, Fishburners, and HaymarketHQ.
Want more information?
- We work with our partners to develop cutting edge entrepreneurial content for UTS classrooms and workshops, as well as to strengthen entrepreneurial development and opportunities for the broader public. Our partners in education include the Foundation of Young Australians, CSIRO, the Founders Institute, and Spark Festival.
Inspiring and connecting student founders
- The IEU is committed to ensuring that entrepreneurship is accessible and open to everyone. We know our future will be brightest when the benefits of innovation are equally distributed. We work with partners to inspire young founders, both in the university and in the wider community.
- We’re currently working with the likes of StartupAUS, the Foundation for Young Australians, the NSW Department of Industry, TechStars, Spark Festival, the Founders Institute, Catalysr, This Week in Startups Australia, and GovHack.
- UTS Startups connects founders to mentors with entrepreneurial, industry, venture capital, and administrative expertise.
- Our partners in mentorship include the Foundation for Young Australians, Main Sequence Ventures, Significant Capital Ventures, and CSIRO, along with a number of individuals who generously offer their time to advise and challenge UTS Startups' young founders.
Supporting the innovation system
UTS’s purpose is to advance knowledge and learning through research-inspired teaching and research with impact. This is particularly important in the startup ecosystem, where high-quality, long-term data is still in short supply. We work with partners, including StartupAUS , to analyse Australia’s innovation landscape and assess our strengths and opportunities. The IEU also liaises with researchers across UTS who are pushing the frontiers of their fields.
- The IEU organises, participates in, and sponsors events for students, young founders, and the wider tech and entrepreneurial communities. In addition to hosting events in our own UTS Startups event space, UTS has partnered with Fishburners to support an event space in the heart of the Sydney Startup Hub. Recent event partners include Fishburners, StartupAUS, Reinventure, International Connector, City of Sydney, and REMIX Summit.
- Upcoming and past events