Internship opportunity – EOI’s open now!
UTS Innovation and Entrepreneurship have an incredible opportunity to send a few student interns to Helsinki to attend (and maybe even volunteer at) Slush, one of the world’s biggest student-led startup gatherings. But this isn’t just an ordinary junket, we’ve got a lot of questions about entrepreneurial events and activities at that scale, driven by students, and we’re looking for people to help us find the answers.
Student-led entrepreneurship. What is it? What could it be? How do we do it, and do it well? This internship will help shape the Innovation & Entrepreneurship Unit's student engagement strategy, and we’re looking for interns with big ideas and a passion for entrepreneurship to help us define it.
Through this internship, we’d like you to explore what the current landscape of student-led entrepreneurship looks like; in other universities, institutions and communities and report back not only on your findings but also with your ideas as to how this could look for our UTS community
Ultimately, we’d like this in the form of a report, but it doesn’t have to be a word doc. However you’d like to educate us on how this is already being done and how this might look for us, is up to you, but we imagine that your process would involve a few steps such as:
- Recommending a definition of student-led entrepreneurship
- Mapping the current landscape: Who are our biggest “competitors” (in terms of similar organisations), and what does student-led entrepreneurship look like for them?
- Identifying themes of these programs
- Interviews with stakeholders: Slush volunteers, attendees, other student entrepreneurs (not just from UTS), event organisers, academics, university staff, anyone who has anything to do with this concept coming to life
- Ideas and recommendations (the fun bit): If we were to give you free rein on designing and creating activities that promote student-led entrepreneurship, what would you do with it?
This exploration is key to our unit’s growth in our role supporting UTS student founders, the Australian startup ecosystem and UTS faculties and schools in world-class student innovation and entrepreneurship.
Submit your EOI today to be considered for this incredible opportunity! Email us your resume and a cover letter outlining why you’re our perfect intern for the job.
NB: This internship must be completed for course credit. Please consider this when applying. Internships running over the required period may not be a part of your faculty.
EOI’s close 30 September 2019