UTS Innovation and Entrepreneurship Unit (IEU) is focused on strategic priorities aligned with the three key pillars: Entrepreneurship, Precinct and Partnerships.
- Ensure all UTS students have access to entrepreneurial experiences through coordination and promotion of the university’s credit-bearing entrepreneurship offerings, and the development and delivery of co-curricular entrepreneurship programs, internships, and external opportunities.
- Coordinate entrepreneurial capabilities and pathways across the university to develop and sustain a robust high-impact, high-quality entrepreneurship ecosystem within the University, with clear connections to range of external opportunities, such as commercial accelerators and industry incubators, as well as seed funding and other forms of support (e.g. mentoring, disciplinary expertise, access to markets).
- Embed the UTS Social Impact Framework across entrepreneurial offerings and programs, distinguishing our graduates and founders as ethical, impact-minded leaders and entrepreneurs.
- Facilitate the university’s engagement and leadership across the wider innovation and entrepreneurial ecosystem in Sydney and across New South Wales, with a particular focus on attracting and anchoring activities and partnerships within the Ultimo precinct.
- Prioritise management of UTS facilities and resources to enable on- and off-campus entrepreneurial and innovation activities, initiatives, collaborations, and partnerships.
- Engage with policy makers in local, state, and federal government to ensure recognition of and support for the Ultimo precinct as a leading innovation hub.
- UTS has a practical, real-world focus. We’re all about shared value, so together with our partners, we identify individually curated and co-designed projects that reach common goals, find and solve problems, and champion the role of Innovation & Entrepreneurship in the university community and beyond.
- We engage with startup, corporate, and government partners to expose our students to real-world challenges and opportunities. We believe that entrepreneurial skills are central to tackling not only business problems, but broader social and community issues as well.
To partner with UTS Innovation and Entrepreneurship, contact email@example.com.
UTS Startups newsletter
Are you a student? From inspirational founder chats to entrepreneurship masterclasses and internship offerings, there's something for every student in our fortnightly UTS Startups newsletter. Sign up below.
For general entrepreneurship inquiries, please contact us at 9514 4091 or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entrepreneurship at UTS news
UTS Innovation and Entrepreneurship distributes a monthly newsletter unearthing key stories around entrepreneurship and innovation, and sharing relevant opportunities and events from across the startup ecosystem. Stay connected with our Entrepreneurship at UTS newsletter below.