Got a startup? Got a product and need to find your first customers - but need some help to get there? With a $5,000 cash boost and two months of expert support to reach your startup’s first and next customers, the UTS Startups Summer Sprint is for you.
UTS Startups will be choosing the 10 most promising startups from our community to enter a two-month collaborative sprint. Each week you’ll be setting goals, sharing learnings, and working together as a group all focused on getting those customers.
The program will be led by Murray Hurps, our Director of Entrepreneurship, and Margaret Maile Petty, our Executive Director for Innovation and Enterpreneurship, with the full support of the UTS Startups team.
UTS will not be taking equity positions in the companies who receive $5,000, and your only obligations are to take part in the program.
- 5pm Monday November 26th: applications close
- Wednesday November 28th: successful teams notified
- Monday December 3rd: first day of sprint
- December 24th – 28th: one week break
- Friday February 1st: last day of sprint
Applications will be judged by a panel and chosen based on:
- Likelihood of securing customers.
- Ability to attend the program.
- Market size and scalability of approach.
Program completion requirements:
- Attendance at group sessions on each Monday morning and Friday afternoon for at least one founder in each startup.
- Use of the UTS Startups collaboration space for at least three days each week.
- Demonstrated progress against stated goals each week.
Each team that completes will receive an award certificate and trophy, along with promotion through our channels at UTS. A winner for our 2019 program will be chosen and announced based on which team demonstrates the most progress.
Got a question? Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org