The UTS Startups Awards recognises the best startups from within the UTS entrepreneurial ecosystem, showcasing some of the greatest hustlers and most inspiring founders, along with the most original and investible pitches. The second annual UTS Startups Awards will be held on Wednesday 6 November 2019, Level 2, UTS Business School (Chau Chak Wing Building) Auditorium.
We welcome attendees from across the UTS student and staff community, and the broader startups and industry ecosystem.
Secure your place to attend the UTS Startups Awards.
- Most investible UTS Startup
- Most original UTS Startup (ideas)
- Most original UTS Startup (established)
- Best application of research in a UTS Startup
- Most promising social-enterprise UTS Startup
- UTS Startups People's Choice Award
- Most inspiring UTS Startup
- Team morale award (Startup with the best team atmosphere and morale)
- Fastest growing UTS Startup
UTS Founder Awards:
- UTS Startups Hustler of the year
- Special achievement award: Most inspiring UTS founder
UTS Faculty Awards:
- Most supportive faculty
- Faculty most represented
Who is eligible for the awards?
Any current and active UTS Startup is eligible.
- Are you part of the UTS Startups community?
- Have you had a recent check-in (within three months) with our team?
These are the only criteria to be eligible . Be sure to organise your check-in via uts.ac/checkin and express interest to participate in the awards during check-in. The deadline for last check-in is Wednesday October 23.
For startups not yet part of our community, simply apply to join the UTS Startups and complete your first check-in ahead of the deadline.
How do I join UTS Startups?
Don’t miss the opportunity to pitch your startup (ideas through to advanced stages accepted) in front of key ecosystem and industry members, other founders, potential investors and the UTS student community. Join UTS Startups today, right here uts.ac/JoinUTSStartups
2018 UTS Startups Awards Winners
- Most investible UTS Startup - Arlula, a space marketplace for under utilised satellites and spacecraft in orbit.
- Most original UTS Startup - Airsticks, a new musical instrument, that allows dancers, musicians, health therapists and educators to pluck sounds from thin air.
- Best application of research in a UTS Startup - Tekuma, who revolutionise tactile control for drones.
- Most promising social-benefit UTS Startup - Resolution123, who provide quick, simple and affordable employment law advice for employees.
- UTS Startups People's Choice Award - PETspot, a marketplace for the ethical sale and purchase of pets.
- Most inspiring UTS founder - Vanouhi Nazarian (Faculty of Business), of Kindershare, a marketplace for children's equipment.
UTS Faculty Awards
Leading faculty for UTS Startups founders - Faculty of Engineering and IT
- Most supportive faculty for UTS Startups - Faculty of Transdisciplinary Innovation
Read more about the 2018 UTS Startups Awards on our blog.