The UTS Startups Awards is an annual event that recognises the best startups from within the UTS entrepreneurial ecosystem, showcasing some of the greatest hustlers and most inspiring founders, along with the most original and investible pitches. The inaugural event was held at UTS on Wednesday 24 October 2018. Read the recap of the night below.
Are you part of the UTS Startups community?
UTS Startups teams have the opportunity to engage with key industry coaches and mentors and compete in a wide range of categories for a number of prizes.
In October 2018, finalists from each category were announced and invited to pitch their business idea to a panel of industry experts. Here's a full list of the winners from the UTS Startups Awards 2018:
UTS Startups Awards:
- Most investible UTS Startup - Arlula, a space marketplace for under utilised satellites and spacecraft in orbit.
- Most original UTS Startup - Airsticks, a new musical instrument, that allows dancers, musicians, health therapists and educators to pluck sounds from thin air.
- Best application of research in a UTS Startup - Tekuma, who revolutionise tactile control for drones.
- Most promising social-benefit UTS Startup - Resolution123, who provide quick, simple and affordable employment law advice for employees.
- UTS Startups People's Choice Award - PETspot, a marketplace for the ethical sale and purchase of pets.
- UTS Startups Hustler of the year - Sebastian Chaoui (Faculty of Engineering and IT) of Arlula.
- UTS Startups community champion of the year - Asher Lee (Faculty of Engineering and IT) of CSecOT, a security testing and rating system of IoT devices.
- Most inspiring UTS founder - Vanouhi Nazarian (Faculty of Business), of Kindershare, a marketplace for children's equipment.
- Leading faculty for UTS Startups founders - Faculty of Engineering and IT
- Most supportive faculty for UTS Startups - Faculty of Transdisciplinary Innovation
Join the UTS Startups community
Do you think you might have a shot at winning one of the categories above for the next UTS Startups Awards in 2019?