2019 UTS Startup Awards winners...
- Best Application of Research
Nosewings - a magnetic nasal dilator developed to help people breathe better, sleep better and live better.
Team members: Phillippe Andre (UTS Business)
- Best Social Enterprise and People’s Choice Award
Maslow - a voice enabled rehabilitation assistant for young people with paralysis.
Team members: Andrew Akib (FASS), Nitin Fernandez, Ilya Thai (FEIT), Samantha Saengpan (FTDI, DAB), Esther Cha (FTDI, DAB), Steven Ralph
- Most Investible Startup - Tech Gym
Team members: Rowan Smith (FEIT), Minh Dang (FEIT), Joshua Shallita (FEIT), Abdu Moukahal (DAB), Luke Turner, Ron Pulido
- Hustler of the Year
Gecko - helps everyday Aussies make extra cash from items gathering dust in their home by lending them out.
Team members: Ben Kennedy (Business)
- Most Original Startup (Ideas)
Cloomein - uses mobile technology to send updates and receive feedback in real time, helping businesses have great relationships with their clients.
Team members: Miguel Munoz, Alex Munoz (FEIT), Jason Shone
- Most Original Startup (Established)
Wallsync - an app that deciphers the messiest of scribbles. Instantly transform your whiteboard and post-its into items in your digital tools.
Team members: Geoff Bullen (MBAe), Lucas Lovato, Omid Mohamad, Lakshay Bajaj
- Most Inspiring Startup
HandUp - Making mental health services more accessible for young people.
Team members: Hitha Raja (Business), Polly Au (Business and FEIT)
- Fastest-growing Startup
Resolution123 - makes employment law quick, simple and affordable for employees.
Team members: Carly Stebbing (Law), Genevieve Barry, Rachel Spittaler, Lee Stebbing, Bill Clarke
- Community Morale Award
Watashe - a Japanese-inspired fashion label providing young women with functional, trans-seasonal athleisure and streetwear.
Team members: Nick Dominique- Bouvat (Project Management, DAB)
- Most Supportive Faculty - UTS Business School
- Most Represented Faculty - UTS Engineering and Information Technology
$3000 cash prize for one of our startups
An exclusive day at Canva that money can’t buy for all winners
A 12-month CRIISP Premium subscription to suprercharge your capital raise with powerful tools to be investor-ready and to accept offers for investment seamlessly. Plus, an exclusive EDM exposé to over 29,000 investors globally with Wholesale Investor (valued at $8,150)
A comprehensive startup branding package with Popdot Media (valued at $1490). Includes brand consultation, design and logo kit.
Three one-hour branding strategy sessions with Popdot Media (valued at $290 each)
A 12-month legal advice subscription from LegalVision (valued at $1788)
Nine one-year Web Hosting and Domain Name Packages from VentraIP (valued at $242 each)
A 25-hour software development package with IDEAQU (valued at @1250).
A 6-hour Prototyping Consultation Package with UTS Rapido (valued at $1000)
Social media consultation and mentoring package with the Director of Social Garden
Coaching session with CEO James Tilbury and three months of hot-desking at EnergyLab
Startup mentoring sessions with BlueChilli team
Tailored 1-hour Cicada Immersion Tour at Cicada Innovations
One-on-one crowdfunding consultation with ReadyFundGo
Startup t-shirt package by Mr T Studios (valued at $484).
A one-year subscription to software prototyping tool Axure RP Team Edition (valued at $867)
One-year Magic Mobile subscription (valued at $450)
Three $100 gift certificates from CostSmart services to redeem on marketing material such as print, apparel and branded goods
Minimum Viable Planning cards developed by MVP Method (valued at $40 each)
How do I join UTS Startups?
Don’t miss the opportunity to pitch your startup (ideas through to advanced stages accepted) in front of key ecosystem and industry members, other founders, potential investors and the UTS student community. Join UTS Startups today, right here uts.ac/JoinUTSStartups
2018 UTS Startups Awards Winners
- Most investible UTS startup - Arlula, a space marketplace for underutilised satellites and spacecraft in orbit.
- Most original UTS startup - Airsticks, a new musical instrument, that allows dancers, musicians, health therapists and educators to pluck sounds from thin air.
- Best application of research in a UTS startup - Tekuma, who revolutionises tactile control for drones.
- Most promising social-benefit UTS startup - Resolution123, who provide quick, simple and affordable employment law advice for employees.
- People's Choice Award - PETspot, a marketplace for the ethical sale and purchase of pets.
Leading faculty for UTS Startups founders - Faculty of Engineering and IT
- Most supportive faculty for UTS Startups - Faculty of Transdisciplinary Innovation
Read more about the 2018 UTS Startups Awards on our blog.