UTS Startups is a university-wide program to inspire and support startups at UTS. Looking for some inspiration or support? You're in the right place. Powered by the UTS Innovation and Entrepreneurship Unit.
Stay in the loop
If you're a student at UTS, enter your email below to hear about the great things students are doing at UTS, and the opportunities available to help you launch a startup.
Are you a UTS Startup?
To be recognised as a UTS Startup, applicants must demonstrate a compelling idea, that they're pursuing a large market, and that they plan to (or are currently) approaching that market in a scalable fashion.
Any stage of startup can join, even just an idea, as long as there is at least one founding team member who has been a UTS student in the last 12 months.
Once accepted, UTS Startups will enjoy the following benefits:
- Free coworking space (on a casual basis, subject to space).
- Regular check-ins with the UTS Startups team to track progress, identify needs, set goals and provide introductions to support and opportunities (including mentors, funding sources, potential customers and opportunities to find co-founders).
- Access to offers from UTS Startups partners.
- Participation in regular pitch nights.
- Connection to industry events.
- Community building activities.
- Inspirational talks and workshops.
- Access to the UTS Startups online forum.
- Eligibility to enter the inaugural UTS Startups Awards, which will have cash prizes on offer.
- Profile building through UTS Startups channels.
- A mailing address startups can use.
- UTS Startups merchandise.
UTS Startups stories
Wondering how these founders got their start? Check out our latest UTS Startups stories:
UTS Startups Awards
The UTS Startups Awards aims to recognise and offer cash prizes to the best startups at UTS in a variety of categories. To be eligible for the 2018 awards, you must register as a UTS Startup using the form above, and complete your first check-in with the UTS Startups team before October 1st.
UTS Startups industry events calendar
Want to support UTS Startups?
Click here to register your interest in being connected to UTS Startups. Connections will be made during team check-ins, and when a challenge has been identified that you might be able to help with. Over time, repeat connections will be prioritised based on recommendations from our community.
More on UTS Startups
Led by UTS Director of Entrepreneurship and former Fishburners/Startup Muster CEO Murray Hurps, UTS Startups has been created to engage, inspire and connect startups across UTS. The goal is to exponentially increase the number of student-launched scalable startups at UTS, providing support for every student who wants to launch a venture, and for UTS to become the leading Australian university in the creation of those startups.
It is a founder-focused community, allowing students to see the opportunity in startups and begin their journey when it's right for them. It’s not about prescribing a path or formula, but instead creating the environment where UTS Startups are exposed to what they need to progress, both inside and outside the university.
Contacts and resources
Got a question, idea or request? Or need a venue for your hackathon, startup-focused meetup or roundtable event? Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our online entrepreneurship resources here.
Follow us on: