The following sub-majors are available for all enrolled UTS undergraduate students (except for existing students in the Diploma in Innovation, Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation and Bachelor of Technology Innovation programs). Subjects in the sub-majors are also individually available as electives subjects; access conditions may apply.
Technology and Innovation (SMJ10098) – sequential
Note: This sub-major will not be offered in 2020
This sub-major consists of three sequential and interrelated subjects. These subjects enable you to explore technologies broadly to develop the ability to think with technology, think computationally and to work with data by focusing on developing the ability to mobilise technology in leading innovation.
- 94674 Technology Lab 1: Imagine and Create
- 94676 Technology Lab 2: Connect and Network
- 94677 Technology Lab 3: Exchange and Influence
Entrepreneurship and Innovation (SMJ10096) – any sequence
This sub-major consists of winter and summer schools that can be taken in any sequence, with the recommended sequence below. These subjects prepare you for complex and uncertain environments and help you learn to experiment your way towards one or more value creating solutions.
- 94663 Navigating Entrepreneurial Ecosystems and Initiating Change
- 94662 Entrepreneurial Experimenting and Innovation Validation
- 94658 Evaluating Portfolios of Innovative Opportunities
The latter two are eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning in the new Bachelor of Entrepreneurship (Honours), commencing 2019.
Creative Intelligence and Innovation (SMJ10097) – 81539 unlocks the rest
- 81539 Impossibilities to Possibilities
- 81540 Technology, Methods and Creative Practice/81538 Frame Innovation/94672 Creative Methods and Entrepreneurial Initiatives
- 94665 Complexity and Sustainability/94657 Futures Thinking: Making Futures/94679 Complexity and Sustainable Futures
This submajor is designed for people who like to tackle wicked problems and beautiful questions. After learning how to creatively approach seemingly impossible problems, the next subjects provide creative methods with which to intelligently focus on ways towards a sustainable future.
Digital Creative Enterprise (SMJ08223)
This sub-major includes a suite electives offered by Innovation and Creative Intelligence (ICI). These subjects emphasise versatility, agility and collaboration and prepare students to work in digital industries across creative and non-creative sectors. For the details, please click the submajor code above.