UTS's unique Dr Chau Chak Wing Building is the recipient of the following awards:
- 2017 NSW Architecture Awards (Institute of Architects): Commendation for Educational Architecture (opens to external site)
- 2016 Australia Engineering Excellence Awards: Bradfield Award (for overall winner) and Excellence Award for Buildings and Structures (opens external site)
- 2016 Property Council of Australia Innovation & Excellence Awards: Woods Bagot Award for Best Public Building (opens external site)
- 2015 Master Builders Association National Excellence in Construction Awards: National Public Buildings Award – Over $50 Million (opens external site)
- 2015 Master Builders Association NSW Awards: Tertiary Buildings over $100m, Best use of Bricks and Best use of Architectural Steel
- Think Brick Awards 2015: Joint winner of the Horbury Hunt Commercial Award (opens external site) for the best commercial brick building in Australia
- 2015 Good Design Awards: Product Design – Hardware and Building Award (opens external site) for its custom-made bricks.
- 2015 Australian Timber Design Awards: People's Choice Award (opens external site) for oval classrooms
- 2015 AIQS (Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors) Infinite Value Awards: Innovation Project Award (opens external site).
The building was also:
Commended in the 2017 NSW Architecture Awards, Educational Architecture category
Finalist for the Green Building Award in the 2015 World Environment Day Awards.
- Top 10 category finalist in the biennial, international Wienerberger Brick Awards.
For more information about UTS sustainability awards, visit UTS Green.