- December 2010: Frank Gehry’s design for the Dr Chau Chak Wing Building unveiled
- November 2011: Excavation of the site begins
- November 2012: Main construction of the building gets underway
- August 2013: Work on the façade brickwork begins
- November 2014: Main construction on the structure reaches completion
- February 2015: Building opens for the start of teaching in Semester 1
The project team included: Project Management Office (UTS project manager); Gehry Partners (design architect); Daryl Jackson Robin Dyke (executive architect); and Lend Lease (main works contractor).
Additional project team members included: AW Edwards (early works contractor); AECOM (services engineer); Arup (structural engineer, transportation and traffic); RPS (statutory planner); Casey & Lowe (archaeological consultant); Godden Mackay Logan (heritage assessment); Morris Goding Access Consulting (accessibility consultant); Wind Tech Consulting (wind assessment); AECOM (ecologically sustainable development); Australian Museum Consulting (Archaeological Investigation & Excavation); and Dominic Steele Consulting Archaeology (Aboriginal archaeological investigation).