As part of the Master Plan's aim to co-locate faculties to improve functionality and convenience, Building 10 (CB10) became the home of the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS) and the Faculty of Nursing, Midwifery and Health.
Both faculties have received a custom fit out of the former Fairfax head office that reflects the different working environments in, but a vibrant colour scheme unites them.
New locations of the various FASS units are:
- Language Staff, Level 9 (CB10.09) (completed March 2010)
- Dean’s Unit Level 14 (CB10.14) (completed September 2010)
- Cultural Studies Academic Group (CB10.05) (completed March 2011)
- Research students (CB10.05 and CB10.08) (completed March 2011)
- Training and Development Services (CB10.08) (completed March 2011)
Open plan environment
FASS Languages staff enjoy a collaborative, open plan environment with group meeting areas
Old school fitout
The original panelling and carpet was retained in the Dean's Unit to enhance the office's heritage value. It was opened by the Governor General of Australia on 19 October 2010.
Location: UTS City Campus, Building 10 (CB10), levels 5, 8, 9 and 14
Completion: Staged from March 2010 to March 2011
Project team: Ingrid Saywell, Campus Development Planning and Design Review (UTS project manager); Burtenshaw Scoufis (architect); Clinton Hood of W.J. Hood & Sons Builders (Level 9 contractor); A W Edwards (Level 14 contractor); Medland Metropolis Engineers (Level 9 consultant); and ERBAS Consulting Engineers and Meinhardt Structural Engineers (Level 14 consultants)