With the finish line less than six months away for UTS’s new state-of-the-art sport science facility at Moore Park, work is progressing rapidly inside and out.
UTS will occupy the upper floors of the building, with the Australian Rugby Union headquartered below – an Australian-first for the integration of science and sport at a major sporting precinct.
The etched glass panels for the building's facade arrive on site
Glazing is installed at the Moore Park facility
What’s happening on site?
- Outside, the roof structure is in place and work on the roof sheeting is complete. Installation of the building's facade, which includes the aluminium ‘sunscreen’ and etched glazing, will be complete in May.
- Inside the building, hydraulic, mechanical, electrical and fire systems have been installed, while air-conditioning chillers and hot water boilers have also gone in.
- Internal blockwork is complete and work on the studwork partitions is underway.
- The central stairway – which will become a key artery of the building – is taking shape, and OTIS lifts are set to be installed by Easter.
The central stairway is being installed in the new building
Artist's impression of the stairway as it will look when the building opens in 2018
- Building watertight – May 2017
- Joinery commences – June 2017
- Construction complete – September 2017
- Facility opens – 2018
Visit Campus development news for further information about this and other projects. For construction updates, please visit the Sydney Cricket & Sports Ground Trust's website. For enquiries, please contact email@example.com.