Finishing touches being added to refurbished UTS Chancellery
Within days, a major refurbishment of the UTS Chancellery in Building 1 will be complete, ready to welcome back the senior executive and staff on 5 December.
The Chancellery has been accommodated in Building 3 (Bon Marche) during the seven-month refurbishment program, which has transformed the Building 1 space into one befitting the guests and events it regularly hosts.
With the upgraded Chancellery still closed while the finishing touches are added and commissioning completed, UTS:InProgress shares some of the key features of the space.
What’s changed in the Chancellery?
- Reception: For the first time, the Chancellery will incorporate a meet-and-greet space on level 4A, which means visitors will no longer have to rely on luck to find the person or space they are looking for and instead will be assisted by a friendly frontline staff member.
The final touches are added to the new Chancellery reception.
- Connection: The old compartmentalised space has been replaced by a more connected and collaborative Chancellery, with windows visually connecting the VC, DVCs and Provost’s offices to Alumni Green, and collaborative pods for informal Chancellery meetings.
- Video wall: An events space will incorporate a large video wall suitable for Chancellery presentations, as well as for displaying digital artworks.
- Natural light: As previously reported, the removal of a large beam running along the façade of level 4B has let maximum light into the Chancellery, and allows visibility across Alumni Green.
- Mixed mode air-conditioning: This smart feature gives the VC meeting room the best of both worlds – fresh air and air-conditioning. When the window louvres are open, the air-conditioning automatically switches off, and switches on again when the louvres are closed.
- Tuneable lighting: In the central area of the Chancellery, lighting will change from cool in the morning to warm in the afternoon, to align with our circadian rhythm or body clock.
A collaborative pod in the break-out space
- Internal fit-out complete – mid November 2016
- Testing and commissioning – late November 2016
- Relocation of senior executive and staff from Bon Marche – Friday 2 December
- Refurbished Chancellery in operation – from Monday 5 December
Visit Campus development news or Building works (staff only) for further information about this and other projects. For enquiries about this project or the contractor, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.