Demolition works inside and out kick-start Chancellery upgrade
The UTS Chancellery upgrade is well underway, with demolition works to the interior already 90 percent complete and external works to the façade facing Alumni Green taking place behind the hoardings.
Inside, demolition works to the Chancellery, on level 4 of Building 1, are preparing the way for a new fit-out. This will bring to life the design of architects Woods Bagot, reflecting the Chancellery’s use as a venue for many external engagement events as well as meeting space for visiting dignitaries and other important guests.
Hoardings around the UTS Chancellery, as seen from Alumni Green
Every effort is being made to minimise the impact of the project on our UTS community. However, as with any construction works, particularly in the heart of campus, there are some impacts to be aware of. Your patience while we complete this exciting project is appreciated.
Impact of the works
- Alumni Green will remain open during works to the external façade of the Chancellery, however please be aware of construction traffic using Alumni Green to access the Chancellery construction site, and follow the instructions of traffic controllers at all times.
- Noisy works associated with demolition are being carried out after hours. However, those in the vicinity of the Chancellery, including on levels 3 and 5, may experience low-level noise during business hours. Apologies for any inconvenience.
- Exams will not be impacted by the project, as noisy works been scheduled around the exam timetable.
- Access between Building 1 and Alumni Green is not affected so please continue to enter and exit Building 1 in the usual way.
- Internal demolition complete – mid June 2016
- Internal fit-out complete – November 2016
- Testing and commissioning – late November 2016
- Delivery of refurbished Chancellery – December 2016
Artist impression of the refurbished UTS Chancellery
Visit Campus development news for periodic project updates or Building works on Staff Connect (staff only) for more information. For enquiries or feedback regarding the project or contractor, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.