Contractors move out of levels 20/21 in the Tower … and onto level 18
There’s never a dull moment when it comes to the refurbishment of our UTS Tower. No sooner has one team of contractors moved out than another moves in.
Last week saw the Tower upgrade project reach a double milestone with the practical completion (PC) of the refurbishment of levels 20 and 21, and simultaneously the commencement of work on the Australia China Relations Institute’s (ACRI’s) new workspace on level 18.
With International, Advancement, Shopfront, Corporate Relations and External Engagement keen to move into their spaces on level 20 – and the Institute for Public Policy and Governance (IPPG) into its new workspace on level 21 – there were high-fives all round when PC was achieved in early September.
Inside the open-plan workspace on level 21.
This followed successful testing of power, communications, air-conditioning, audio-visual services and swipe-card access by contractor Intrec Management, consultant teams and in-house specialists.
Relocation of these teams into their new spaces will begin on Friday 16 September. With level 20 notable for the colourful Shopfront entry and level 21 distinguished by recycled timber wall panelling and striking copper accents (check out the photo below!) we’re sure they won’t be disappointed.
IPPG staff will soon be enjoying the facilities in their copper-accented space on level 21.
With only two months from go to whoa on the partial refurbishment of level 18 for ACRI, the contractor, Intrec Management hit the ground running in the last week of August.
A work site, including hoardings, has already been established on level 18, and construction is now in progress, for completion mid-November 2016. ACRI is set to relocate at the end of that month.
This unique space will include a table for conducting traditional Chinese tea-serving ceremonies, and a dual-purpose meeting room/broadcast studio featuring a ‘green screen’ and camera.
As always, we appreciate that campus development projects may be inconvenient for those working close to construction zones in the Tower. However, every effort has been made to minimise disruption for our community, including the scheduling of noisy works outside business hours.
The main impacts are:
- levels 20/21 remain no-go zones for unauthorised staff until Friday 16 September – please do not attempt to access
- level 18 construction zone hoarded off and inaccessible to all but those with authorisation
- level 18 toilets closed – staff working on level 18 to use facilities on levels 17 and 19
- some daytime noise from level 18 during construction – although noisy and disruptive works are scheduled to take place out of office hours (8pm – 7am on weekdays and on weekends)
Thank you for your continued patience as we continue to make our iconic Tower an even better place to work, study and visit.
Tower Security counter to reopen
Following a major refurbishment of UTS’s Security office on level 4 of the Tower, the Security counter is set to reopen from midday on Tuesday 13 September.
Once the Security counter reopens in the Tower, the temporary facilities in Building 6 will close.
- Security counter reopens on level 4 – from midday 13 September 2016
- Relocation of staff to levels 20/21 – from 16 September 2016
- Completion of construction/fit-out on level 18 – mid-November 2016
- Relocation of ACRI to level 18 – late November 2016
Visit Campus development news for further information. For enquiries about Tower upgrade projects or the contractors, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.