Building 5B’s student lounges fit for work, rest and play
The former UTS Business School postgraduate lounges have been given a makeover and have opened up for use to all students.
The two new student lounges in Building 5B have added to the growing array of informal learning spaces on campus.
Located on levels 4 and 5, one above the other, the two lounges incorporate a diverse array of spaces, including:
- Relaxed study zones providing banquette seating and ottomans with café-style tables
- Formal collaborative zone for group study utilising common LED screen and laptop/ Wi-Fi connectivity
- Group collaboration workstation encouraging group study
- Formal individual study space providing partitioned workstations with power connectivity
- Informal group study areas with bar-style circular tables, high stools and power connectivity
- Study pods for individual focused study
- Modular lounges that can be re-arranged to suit group activities and study needs
- Kitchenettes on both levels, with microwaves, fridges and instant boiling/chilled water
- Outdoor terraces for relaxation
With their bright furnishings and artworks, the lounges have quickly been adopted by students as great places to spend time – work, rest or play.
The range of spaces in Building 5B's student lounges suit different activities