Tower prepares to welcome HRU and FSU
With construction of the Human Resources Unit (HRU) and Financial Services Unit’s (FSU) new Tower accommodation just days away from completion, the countdown to the staff relocation has begun.
- Commissioning and testing of IT and audio visual equipment (to demonstrate the scale of the job, 6 x 140m lengths of fibre optic cable run from levels 2 to 24 for the new communications system!)
- Installation of loose furniture, including workstations, task chairs and lounge seating
- Rectification of minor defects by the contractor to ensure a quality result.
Workstations and other furniture items on levels 23 and 24 are being installed.
Find out more about the new HRU and FSU office spaces.
A moving experience
Timing: Please note that a number of staff from HRU/FSU will finish work at 2pm on Friday 22 May so the relocation of their offices can commence (with the relocation finishing on Saturday 23 May).
HRU and FSU response times: Expect slower response times from HRU and FSU from 2pm Friday 22 May and on Monday 25 May as staff pack up their offices in Building 10 and settle into their new workspaces in the Tower.
Coordination: Preparations for the relocation of HRU and FSU are well underway, managed by Move Plan, a specialist consultancy that has already successfully relocated more than 1400 UTS staff and HDRs into our three new buildings over the past year!
Training in the tower
As part of the same construction program, level 22 has been transformed into a dedicated training floor, comprising large training rooms (including one that can double as a mini cinema seating around 100 people), an IT training space, project and meeting rooms, a stylish reception, and a breakout area featuring sculptural pendant light fittings made from cast concrete and timber and a large green wall (planting).
Important things to note
- Project rooms will be available to book via Outlook. It is expected the room booking function will be available from Monday 1 June 2015.
- Staff training that has been scheduled after the relocation (from 25 May onwards) will now take place in one of the new spaces on level 22 of the Tower. Affected staff will be notified of the new location. In the event staff with scheduled training are not notified, please get in touch with your HRU contact.
Impact of the works
Access – levels 22–24 will remain off limits to all but authorised personnel until these floors are opened for business in late May.
Lifts – until the relocation of staff is complete, lifts B and F will continue to be used as goods lifts. Please be patient if you find yourself sharing a lift with a large herd of chairs!
Noise – although most loud work has largely been completed, any remaining noisy tasks will be completed out of hours to minimise inconvenience to those on the floors above and below.
Move – HRU and FSU will, of course, experience some disruption immediately before and after the move and this may affect the level of service provided by these support areas. The patience of staff is appreciated in making both the move and the settling-in process as smooth as possible.
- Completion of construction and interior fit-out – late April 2015
- Staff relocation – from 2pm, Friday 22 May 2015