Sun or shade, Alumni Green has space for all
Stylish new outdoor furniture has arrived on Alumni Green, making UTS’s green heart an even better place to collaborate, study, socialise and relax.
Students are already enjoying the deck chairs and rugs on the Green.
- Deck chairs on the Green: 30 brightly coloured and striped deck chairs from ici et la now bring a touch of the beach to the Green – ideal for soaking up the sun on fine days.
- Picnic rugs: Complementing the deck chairs, three circular rugs are available for use on the Green.
- Large outdoor settings with umbrellas: In the Garden, large circular table settings with shade umbrellas will soon be installed in two of the pods. Made of perforated metal in the style of the existing benches, the tables will turn the pods into prime shady spots for collaborative group work, with four power points and four seats per table.
- Small outdoor settings: Five small, circular tables, perforated to match the existing benches, have been installed in the other pods to create further collaborative spaces.
- Seating: To accompany the new outdoor settings, 10 French-designed and -made, all-weather chairs from Fermob are now available in the Garden. These can be moved around the decked pods to suit different configurations, but please keep them off the Green to avoid damage to the grass and the structure below.
Did you know ... ?
All outdoor facilities are available on a ‘first come, first served’ basis, with no bookings required. Security will pack away loose furniture at the end of each day.
A number of under-bench power sockets are available for recharging laptops and other devices. As some of these are hidden, identifying stickers will soon mark the spot!